Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NHRA all time greats...

HighRoller
    Since the race is rained out we need to Bench Race...
    All time great teams...In no particular order during my lifetime...
    Kenny Bernstein-Bud King F/C
    John Force F/C
    Larry Dixon/Lahaie Miler Lite T/F car
    Tony Schumacher/Alan Johnson Army Car
    Bob Glidden P/S Ford
    Greg Anderson P/S Car
    Raymond Beadle/Blue Max F/C
    Shirley Muldowney T/F
    Don Garlits T/F
    Sentimental Favorites
    Candies and Hughes/Mark Oswald Motorcraft F/C
    Dale Pulde In-N-Out F/C
    Lee Shephard Reher and Morrison P/S
    Darrell Gwynn Coors Extra Gold T/F
    Ed McCulloch Miller Lite F/C
    So what are your faves??

Mrs 2LKHVSU
    Gary Denshem was Hubbys shop teacher in high school. We've been following since he was racing Teachers Pet.

RitcheyRch
    Larry Dixon Sr.

pw_Tony
    What Joe Amato and Eddy Hill didn't make the list

Mrs 2LKHVSU
    Oh .. Oh... I forgot about Joe Amato... I love Joe Amato.
    And I love the smell of nitro in the morning.

HighRoller
    Gary Denshem was Hubbys shop teacher in high school. We've been following since he was racing Teachers Pet.
    Densham gives me hope that I might one day be a great NHRA star. Don't think I could stomach the brute force of a fuel car, but Pro Stock is definitely a possibility. I love Funny Cars but the Pro Stock cars are badass. So low and sleek and secretive. I was the first person north of the grapevine to have Flowmasters on a street car and developed a "Chicago" style fuel system for a single 4 barrel that I saw in HotRod Mag...Two inlets through a single Holley regulator and braided lines...Then I drove the locals crazy by showing up without a hood on M&H slicks and put a towel over the intake and carb...Gotta love the street racing scene 10 years ago!!!

Moneypitt
    The "Grump"......The "Snake"........Daryl Alderman.........Stone, Woods, and Cook........Gary O..........Big John.....Lil' John.........Billy Myers........Warren, Colburn, and Miller........Jack Chrisman..............John Peters......Steve Pluger............Bresette and Southerland..........Joe P..........Danny O......Wild Willie Borsche...........

Mrs 2LKHVSU
    Densham gives me hope that I might one day be a great NHRA star. Don't think I could stomach the brute force of a fuel car, but Pro Stock is definitely a possibility. I love Funny Cars but the Pro Stock cars are badass. So low and sleek and secretive. I was the first person north of the grapevine to have Flowmasters on a street car and developed a "Chicago" style fuel system for a single 4 barrel that I saw in HotRod Mag...Two inlets through a single Holley regulator and braided lines...Then I drove the locals crazy by showing up without a hood on M&H slicks and put a towel over the intake and carb...Gotta love the street racing scene 10 years ago!!!
    Gary is a really nice guy, as are all of the drag racers that we have met along the way.
    You're a "door slammer" fan...I'm a funny car and top fuel fan through and through. However, any drag racing is fun to watch. I had a Trans Am in high school with a 400 engine and would race the boys with their little trucks (remember Sunsets truck club?!) and BEAT each and ever one of them! It was REALLY fun.
    We went to a car show today, as a matter of fact, and happen to get their late, which was perfect..we got to listen to the cars fire up and leave...that was the best part...the cudas, the 57's and the camero's--oh my!

Mrs 2LKHVSU
    The "Grump"......The "Snake"........Daryl Alderman.........Stone, Woods, and Cook........Gary O..........Big John.....Lil' John.........Billy Myers........Warren, Colburn, and Miller........Jack Chrisman..............John Peters......Steve Pluger............Bresette and Southerland..........Joe P..........Danny O......Wild Willie Borsche...........
    Stone Woods and Cook...back in the day we were friends with Mike Cook. That blue car was pretty.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast