Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NHRA all time greats...

Mrs 2LKHVSU
    Has it been that long since OC Raceway..

HighRoller
    I love the Funny Cars of today, but they don't even compare to the late 70's-early 80's cars. The "Batmobile" and the "Blue Max" are the best ever for the coolness factor...

Mrs 2LKHVSU
    JBB your are the Pic Guy, aren't you?!?!?!?
    I explained to our girls (6 and 8) today what wheelie bars are. It was fun!

Mrs 2LKHVSU
    I love the Funny Cars of today, but they don't even compare to the late 70's-early 80's cars. The "Batmobile" and the "Blue Max" are the best ever for the coolness factor...
    I haven't seen a Jet Car in awhile..have you?

Mrs 2LKHVSU
    I remember Blue Max.

Bense468
    I'm more partial to this pic on jumgle pam though JBB
    http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/4...02e0aa6we9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
    Hemi under glass was a bad ass car. Remember the jolly rancher wheel truck. There are so many names. Here are just a few . Tired, will remember more tomorrow
    Shirly
    Big daddy
    Connie Kaletta
    Eddie Hill (which also drove the texan top fuel hydro)
    Don Prudomme
    Pat Austin
    Lee Sheperd
    Blaine Johnson
    Darrell Gwynn
    Brad Anderson
    Frank Hawley
    Ed McCulloh
    Don Nicholson
    Mickey Thompson
    Jim Dunn
    Darrel Gywnn
    Frank Manzo

HighRoller
    Gary is a really nice guy, as are all of the drag racers that we have met along the way.
    You're a "door slammer" fan...I'm a funny car and top fuel fan through and through. However, any drag racing is fun to watch. I had a Trans Am in high school with a 400 engine and would race the boys with their little trucks (remember Sunsets truck club?!) and BEAT each and ever one of them! It was REALLY fun.
    We went to a car show today, as a matter of fact, and happen to get their late, which was perfect..we got to listen to the cars fire up and leave...that was the best part...the cudas, the 57's and the camero's--oh my!
    We hung out at the Carpool lot off Las Posas in Oxnard. Lots of 11 and 12 second rigs there and once Alan Root showed up with a Ford Courier pickup that had one of Bob Glidden's R&D motors in it. Raced my friend's 68 Camaro with an Aluminum headed 427 roller motor on the spray and street slicks. The race was over within 200 feet when the pickup's front wheels came back down and he was ahead 10 car lengths!!!
    But when we were feeling like seeing "The show" we went to Tommy's in Van Nuys or Chatsworth or Bob's Big Boy. A '64 tubbed Nova versus a small block '68 Camaro on street slicks...and a nasty, nasty small block...and three stages of juice...We all knew the Nova was gonna eat it up...til the Camaro did a dry hop with the front wheels up around our eyeballs!!! He waxed the Nova and didn't even use the third stage!!
    Now you get to see a line of 15 and 16 second Fart muffler Hondas line up on the rev limiter and lay 10 feet of rubber after dumping the clutch and bogging.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12