Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hydraulic Place Diverter troubleshooting

I got a Mach 1 tunnel HUll with a hydraulic Place Diverter on it. The diverter isn't working, it doesn't do anything. I went to Place's website and I couldn't find any tech info on it, I also checked here on ***boat but I didn't see any threads pertaining to a totaly inop hydraulic diverter. I'm looking for any and all info that I can find on it. What type and weight of oil does it use? Does it require for air to be bled out of it? Etc.
    Thanks!

cave
    1st off you need 12 volts and a good ground. I've gone through 3 pumps and found that they dont like to sit idle. Lucky for me Bennett has a real good warranty program but for most the warranty is long gone.
    Do you use a different switch? if yes then the diode may have gone bad. Banderlog, Rex Marine & Bergeron all make a better wiring setup to eliminate the diode. Its built in on most here is a pic below of Baderlogs version. I plan on getting one someday.
    http://www.banderlog.com/products/po.../withLabel.jpg
    Mine stuck at the beginning of this season and I tapped gently on the servos and they have worked great all summer.
    No need to bleed the system It does it on its own.
    Here is MJ Thomas email at Bennett
    MJThomas@bennetttrimtabs.com He helped me out big time.

BAE_557
    Here is a pic below of Banderlogs version.
    http://www.banderlog.com/products/po.../withLabel.jpg
    That is what I run for my hydraulic diverter, makes it very simple to connect.

Danhercules
    Use ATF (Automatic Tranz Fluid)
    Tap on the solinoids. Mine got stuck now and then too.

Cas
    I also run the Banderlog Diverter relay, as said above, it works great and very easy to install.
    As far as the Bennett pump goes, mine was leaking but not during operation, I was told I had to go thru Place to get any satisfaction. The pump was sent to them and they said nothing was wrong with it. I called Bennett directly about the leak my 20 yr old pump had and they sent me out a new set of seals free of charge. Excellent service.

Thanks!
    Dexron or Mercon? or does it matter?

Danhercules
    The red stuff!!!
    I dont think it matters.

Rod (Hot rod) Place Diverter products carry a limited guarantee and the good folks there are happy to help .Thier (Place) warranty protocol is to contact them or a dealer try to diagnose and then they will direct you accordingly as to how to proceed . Bennett will not sell or deal direct to the the public (although i have had them give me a solenoid once before). One problem I have occasionally encountered recently is "factory overtightened" solenoids(they need only be tightened to a "very light seat". If you'd like to call me when you get a chance I'll explain and help you trace & diagnose the problem your experiencing Tom 805 466 4719
    BTW The Banderlog piece is a very good product! just my 02

Rod (Hot rod) Place Diverter products carry a limited guarantee and the good folks there are happy to help .Thier (Place) warranty protocol is to contact them or a dealer try to diagnose and then they will direct you accordingly as to how to proceed . Bennett will not sell or deal direct to the the public (although i have had them give me a solenoid once before). One problem I have occasionally encountered recently is "factory overtightened" solenoids(they need only be tightened to a "very light seat". If you'd like to call me when you get a chance I'll explain and help you trace & diagnose the problem your experiencing Tom 805 466 4719
    BTW The Banderlog piece is a very good product! just my 02
    Thanks Tom! I'll give you a call when I can get to it.

MBlaster
    1st off you need 12 volts and a good ground.
    I had trouble with mine till I got a good ground setup. I know its dumb but make sure your wiring is dialed in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast