Thread: MSD install

jetboat
    rather than installing the MSD box on the motor,or back of seat,anything wrong with mounting it along with the coil to a bracket on the stringer.any photos of various installs?dont want anything mounted to the back of thre backseat,so it can be removed without any problem.

vee-driven
    besides the fact that if your boat ever takes on water the ignition might get soaked!

cave
    rather than installing the MSD box on the motor, or back of seat, anything wrong with mounting it along with the coil to a bracket on the stringer. Any photos of various installs?dont want anything mounted to the back of thre backseat,so it can be removed without any problem.
    Dont let it get wet. It may get wet on the stringer. I have mine on the back seat. How many times do you remove the back seat? Mines covered by the overhang. Not much to rattle the box since its mounted to the back of the seat. It absorbs allot of the rough stuff. If I have to remove it its 4 screws and its off. Hasn't been wet yet even when caught in the monsoons here.
    I have seen some trick mounting brackets on the front of the engine but those didn't have a backseat

IMPATIENT 1
    Dont let it get wet. It may get wet on the stringer. I have mine on the back seat. How many times do you remove the back seat? Mines covered by the overhang. Not much to rattle the box since its mounted to the back of the seat. It absorbs allot of the rough stuff. If I have to remove it its 4 screws and its off. Hasn't been wet yet even when caught in the monsoons here.
    I have seen some trick mounting brackets on the front of the engine but those didn't have a backseat
    I CONCUR steve, there's no better place than the backseat. i've mounted ever msd box i've own on the back of the bench seat under the ledge like mentioned above, never had 1 msd fail on me, at all. the msd box i gave you was mounted where it could get wet(not by me and not on my boat), which it did, and i had to fix it
    another thing peeps do is mount them to a bracket on the heads lol. i've opened box that had all the potting material melted to the lowest spot in the box, its just not good to mount to heads or anything that can transfer heat into the box. back of the seat, is a cool, dry place.

Granted there is no backseat. But, you wanted to see different setups.
    http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e7...r/HPIM0230.jpg