Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cooling solution maybe

dmontzsta
    It also would be the end of starting it up on the trailer because the cam drive pumps can't run dry.
    You can use a bucket or a hose.
    Keeping a little lube on the impeller is good for short runs. Personally, I have ran the boat on the trailer with no water alot, just watching the temp gauge and never had a impeller issue.

IMPATIENT 1
    sounds like the guy just needs a strainer and if he's gonna run in the weeds, put a stock rock grate on that thing. i've seen rocks block the water passage from the pump but never grass.

turbo wog
    would love to see some pics of you boat/engine close up. it looks pretty radical. i have an old gale banks twin turbo set-up in my 19' gt & have been thinking of going efi. i don't professionaly race yet though.what size turbos you running? i can't get more than 11lbs of boost with my rajays. any info would help ,thanks

Unchained
    There's some more pictures on the image center,
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...=4&ppuser=1373
    The turbo's are Garrett TV 77 large frame turbos from a big diesel. One of them does a 840 ci ? +- Mack truck diesel. They put out boost real good and hit hard with no lag. If anything I need to tame it down.
    For turbos it's hard to beat the deals on new Master Power turbos. They're made in Brasil. http://www.partsexpressonline.com/highperformance13.htm
    On the EFI it's a great way to go and I wouldn't have anything else but do yourself a favor and get a book and read up on it first. :idea:
    There's a lot to learn and know.

Sangster
    Ask your brethern on the other channel they know everything!!!!!!
    ....Classic..

RUSHIN ROULETTE
    You can use a bucket or a hose.
    Keeping a little lube on the impeller is good for short runs. Personally, I have ran the boat on the trailer with no water alot, just watching the temp gauge and never had a impeller issue.
    I wish I could do that...but I did not think you could run them dry at all??

sounds like the guy just needs a strainer and if he's gonna run in the weeds, put a stock rock grate on that thing. i've seen rocks block the water passage from the pump but never grass.
    I dont think a strainer before the pump would work ..... well.......
    It does have a stock rock grate in it .
    Unchained your probably right , I'm just asking for one more thing to go wrong . I'll just try and dodge the fukin parker grass I guess.
    Thanks for all the help . I knew you guys werent a bunch of sarcastic homos like everyone says you are.
    -beerjet-

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12