Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NEED INFO ON 3 BOATS

NORCALNORDIC
    I want to buy a 28' sport boat I like these three. Nordic Heat, Howard bullet, Eliminator Xp any info PRO or CON will help thanks!

JimK
    Being an owner of a Howard Bullet I can tell you that it is truly a great boat. I especially like its all original tooling and that it doesn't look like every other boat at the lake. It is extremely stable at all speeds (mine runs just over 80) and the quality is second to none I've ever seen. They even have a used one there now if you don't need a new one. Happy shopping http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif

roln 20s
    I'm with JimK- don't own one but if I was going to buy a 28 foot V- the Howard 28 Bullet is what I would get. Boat looks awesome, performs well, but as I mentioned in the Reputations thread- it is all about buying into the company and building friendship and trust. Each time of stop by Howard just to dream- they are so nice, willing to show me what's new that they are building, and describe more about themselves that I did not know. The 28 open-bow at the show with the quad-rotor, saw that one getting finished up two days before it hit the ***boat trials, work a piece of art. That boat is kick ass.
    The other two are nice also, but I feel for that amount of money- can't get a better boat than the Howard. They take care of you-you are their priority!!
    Roln 20s
    PS- I know Howard will take you for a test ride any day- just call em up!

Indy
    Where are you going to be running the boat, how fast do you want to go, what type of ride do you want, what kind of power would you be putting in th hull, how much are you willing to spend?

Starloans
    DCB builds a 28 Extreme. I've personally never been in the 28. I've been in the DCB 24 Extreme. "I believe" that mold now belongs to John West. 247xs. John does a supurb job with the 24. Looks like Dave just sold an 01 28 Extreme with a 900hp Teauge. Pictures are still on DCBracing.com under used boats. Looks pretty sporty enough. I don't know how sporty your wallet is though.
    John has a 28 Stealth and a 27 cat. Ultra does some shit hot graphics on their boats. They will probably put any power you want in the boat. State of the art website. Ultraboats.com
    I have been to both shops. I'm sure they will both take good care of you. Super quality boats, great customer care. Just depends on which boat you like the best. Pick out your boat and just add money!

cbudge
    I too was comparing DCB 28 Extreme, Nordics 28 heat, eliminators 28 and Howards 28 Bullet. Howards 28 Bullet hands down! The DCB 28 extreme is the only boat that I would say is as good or near quality or rigging, but the hull design doesn't come close. The 28 heat has a nice large cabin about the same as the 28 bullet. If you overnite the v-berth in the Howard is better. The eliminator is similiar to the DCB but not near the quality in mine opinion. Bottom line the Howard Bullet 28 is the best handling and fasted hull. I did not know the Mike and Gene at Howard, but I can tell you they did what they said the where going to do and on time. Mine runs 92 mph gps with a Pfaff 598 injected. Compare price it does'nt cost anymore to go custom.

Starloans
    Oops. Sorry Norcal. You ask about your 3 boats.
    San Diego does have San Diego Eliminator. I believe they get the hulls from Elim. factory and then rig. I believe the Elims. are great boats. In my opnion their showroom is not quite as sharp as the other 2 I mentioned.
    I live in SD so those are the 3 notable customs in my area.
    Sorry to blab about just what I like. Hope it helps with comparison anyway.
    Good Luck!

NORCALNORDIC
    Thanks for the replies. I stopped by Howard on my way back to the bay area. I was down for the boat show and met Lenny at Howards booth. They do some nice work took a little tour of the facility. As far as use and power I plan to use it in S.F. bay, Sac Delta, Lake Berryessa, Tahoe, and Shasta.
    Power HP500 EFI I really like the construction of the Bullet. I like the look of the Nordic better but I don't think it's built as well. The XP just looks dated to me.

Indy
    NorcalNordic, I know somebody who runs a 28' Nordic Heat in the delta. He loves it and if you want, I can give you his email address, I'm sure he'd be more than happy to talk to you about how the Nordic runs out there. As far as construction goes, I don't know anything about the Howard. I did alot or research on the Nordic though. The Nordic is pretty stout in its construction. Four full length stringers, hand laid fiberglass, vinylester resins, core mat. They leave it in the mold for two weeks, the deck and hull are joined while in the mold. I'm not sure how the Howard would be a more solid boat? I think the Howard is a little lighter. Both manufacturers claim the same speed with the 496HO set-up, but Howard claims its faster with the bigger power. If speed is that important to you, get a cat http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif I wound up with the Nordic after looking at many boats. Its a good boat, but I can tell you that I'm done with west coast boats. If you need more information on the Nordic, send me an email.
    Oh...one other thing. My Nordic gets run in water that most Nordics or west coast boats in general don't see too much of. I get the feeling that most people on this board are lake boaters. I run the Noridic in some pretty nasty stuff (salt water) and it holds up just fine.
    [This message has been edited by Indy (edited March 11, 2002).]

DaveSunsation
    NORCALNORDIC,
    We'd be more than happy to send you an information package and company video on our world-class 288 Sunsation. Send me an email with your postal information and I'll have one at your door step within three days.
    Sincerely
    David Hare
    COO
    Sunsation Powerboats
    dhare@sunsationboats.com www.sunsationboats.com (http://www.sunsationboats.com)
    810-794-4888
    You might check www.offshoreonly.com (http://www.offshoreonly.com) for inquires as well on all 28 - 29 foot boats.
    [This message has been edited by DaveSunsation (edited March 11, 2002).]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast