Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 70 El Camino

framer1
    What's a 1970 El Camino worth in good condition. It's a SS with a 396 automatic. Anybody have an idea? Does 25,000 sound like a deal?

Jordy
    Aside from the SS with the 396 part, which I'm sure adds value, I found a couple in the Auto Trader for under $10K. You might check Hemmings (I think) as they tend to track some of the more collectable cars.
    http://www.autoextra.com/vehicledeta...le/ca/do-basic

framer1
    Aside from the SS with the 396 part, which I'm sure adds value, I found a couple in the Auto Trader for under $10K. You might check Hemmings (I think) as they tend to track some of the more collectable cars.
    http://www.autoextra.com/vehicledeta...le/ca/do-basic
    Thanks, 25 thousand doesn't sound to great now :yuk: What's Hemmings? I don't really collect but I had a 72 El Camino when I was a kid.

Jordy
    Lke I said, I don't know if the SS package with the 396 really bumps it up, but depending on what you wanted to do with it, that sounds a little on the high side.
    I think it's Hemmings Motor News that has kind of a blue book deal for the more collectable cars. I know there is one out there that kind of tracks the big sales and auctions and runs a little closer to true value than KBB.com.

meaniam
    the 70 elcamino is the most sought out elcamino of any year and brings in high dollar in i have sold 70 elcamino fender for a much as 864 dollars. the 70 is one year only and i really one of the nicest if not the nicest. start looking for numbers and you really might have a gem there. keep in mind that chevy didnt have a full production becuase of the strike andd they were low onn production numbers. and a true 1970 ss 396 is extreamly hard to find. my last 71 elco with a 305 nothing special other then it was drop dead gourges<sp> went for 15k throw in a 4spd you even made that car more rare....if you need help email me i am very familiar with these with over 30 in my possesion since 1998. these cars will not go down in price. and are investments. a super restored 70 elcamino ss 396 can and should hit 100k well lets say they already have... look for documentation as these were not seperated by vin. ill tell you were to find all the codes and stampings if you want to go for it. also look toward the rear mount of the lower control arm to make sure its not crack ripped or previosly repair. very common. and very unsafe
    so back to 25k it easly could be worth that.
    check teamchevelle.com for comps.

THOR
    I had that exact car. No way is it worth 25K unless it is in showroom condition.

Desert Rat
    I'm partial to the 69 look. 70 is nice but the 68/69 look gives me a chub After the last big auto auction I think every one with a semi-classic is looking for BIG $$ and most likly will get it :cry:

Sandbar Junkies
    I have a 68 ss that I will let go, for about 9k it has a small block in it now they took the 396 out but it is a true SS car. Very clean car runs great

H20 Toie
    When i find a clean 70 chevelle or el camino ss i would like to get again but only a 70.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast