Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Question for Golf Pros

Ziggy
    Damn, stabbed out to the right again

River Lynchmob
    I would definitely be in for a Hot Boat tourney as long as there is beer and or goose and soda flowing so I will be able to stand the stink of my golf game

yzfrider
    499 for a set of X18's thats a steel, those irons cost me about 700 8 months ago. Not much different than the X20. Might want to take a look at those.

Sleeper CP
    I'll admit that I didn't read every post, but did anyone mention returned or traded in clubs at a GolfMart or Golf Etc. Good deal's for far less than full price for someone that only plays a few times a year. I have 1 friend that got a great price on a set of Pings from a Pawn shop. I always ask him how he is hitting his stolen clubs.
    Sleeper CP
    565" Ford Lover

shippingguy
    I'll admit that I didn't read every post, but did anyone mention returned or traded in clubs at a GolfMart or Golf Etc. Good deal's for far less than full price for someone that only plays a few times a year. I have 1 friend that got a great price on a set of Pings from a Pawn shop. I always ask him how he is hitting his stolen clubs.
    Sleeper CP
    565" Ford Lover
    Problem with that is you want to make sure they are fitted propery to your body. If the club is not fitted right no matter how good a swing you have you will not hit the ball properly and to your full potential. The flight of the ball off the clubface will not be correct with clubs not fitted properly.
    Mike

Classic Daycruiser
    I bought a set of used Callaway's 2004 Big Bertha's, used 2 times in 2004. I golf 2-6 times a year.
    My biggest suggestion is to:
    1) never play 18 without a cart.
    2) take a few advil's before getting in your car, and a couple just before you tee off.
    3) sun screen
    4)Tip the Beer girl good, and tell her to come back more often
    5)hat & Sun glasses

Ziggy
    I bought a set of used Callaway's 2004 Big Bertha's, used 2 times in 2004. I golf 2-6 times a year.
    My biggest suggestion is to:
    1) never play 18 without a cart.
    2) take a few advil's before getting in your car, and a couple just before you tee off.
    3) sun screen
    4)Tip the Beer girl good, and tell her to come back more often
    5)hat & Sun glasses
    Indeed, apparently I tipped her well enough for a free crotch view in her little miniskirt. She noticed my inadvertant gaze and she simply smiled back at me like no big deal. That newer course up in Valley Center, WoodsValley I think its called.

Racer277
    Do you want to spend the money on brand new???
    Actually, I was looking at used also.
    I could try all the different irons, I'm not consistent enough to notice the difference.
    I will look into getting fitted, but I like the used idea better.
    Thanks for the suggestions.

Sleeper CP
    A golf store like Golf Etc or Golfmart have a ton of used clubs you can try them out and they will do a loft and lie(sp) adjustment for you at purchase.
    Sleeper CP

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123