Thread: 300x sportmaster ??

badluck
    I just came in from the lake,WHAT WOOO.I see some oil/blue grease coming out above and to the right of the vent screw,that little hole between the mid and lower.Whats the problem and how do I fix it?

badluck
    We do alot of shifting,in and out of gear while getting skiiers up.could it be the shifter seals?

fish
    if fluid can get out, water can get in. I would not put it back in the water until you get it fixed.

badluck
    I let a little gear oil out,no water yet.What tools are needed to r&r the shifter seals,it is a 2005 sporty.I opened the vent screw also and a little lube came out but no water.

jh4rt
    When did you last service the lower unit?

badluck
    I don't think it is over full.It's do for a service.

STV_Keith
    If you run them hard, they will weep oil out of the shift shaft seal and into an area in the front of the case that gets drained by that little hole. Kinda normal if you ran it hard. Do the service and check for water ASAP.

Forkin' Crazy
    Isn't the drain plug in the bearing carrier? Getting no water at the vent means nothing. Oil will float on water.:idea:
    If it was over filled, when it gets warm it will have to expand and go somewhere.

badluck
    OK, It's lake time.I'm headed to shasta to tune up the sportmaster and fix the seals.Drew/Boatmasters got your package,Wayne/MAD EFI got your package,thank u.Hopefully I won't need any special tools.thank u everyone.