Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Blown Gas Jet - New records to be set 2006

BigBlockOldsJet
    Hey BBOJ, you should strap on a PSI onto your olds and see what it'll do.
    I think I have that covered, we'll just leave it at that.
    Not to get off subject, this is Willis' thread.

steelcomp
    I think I have that covered, we'll just leave it at that.
    Not to get off subject, this is Willis' thread.
    Well, you kinda made it your own thread as well. Post up a pic of that boat of yours. Love to see it.

onsite_pc
    You know what they say about "assuming"...
    Anybody that knows me, knows i don't usually say much, let alone get mixed up in this kind of stuff; but it un-nerves me that anyone would assume so much (ref. to long block.) :messedup: I was gonna say more; but after reading all that I am tired too... We used to have a saying in management, "If you don't ask for the moon, you'll never get it."
    As for the carrots being within reach: I recall, we shredded a blower belt on one of those passes, AT HALF TRACK, and still ran an 8.6 or .7
    ...You have to ask yourself, is it really required that you post a E.T. slip for every point between here and there? Or, is it permissible to gather your toys and the knowledge gained and skip a couple of rounds? Which route is cheaper in the long run...ha, ha...?
    I also doubt anyone out there would be so foolish to think that they could simply strap-on a new air pump and expect such differences. I will add that it is a bit insulting to think that someone felt the need to "check." But thanks for checking just the same.
    That said...see you in round three......LOL :eat:
    Busby, thanks for keeping it in perspective. Good lookin out. I owe you one....or two...

You know what they say about "assuming"...
    Anybody that knows me, knows i don't usually say much, let alone get mixed up in this kind of stuff; but it un-nerves me that anyone would assume so much (ref. to long block.) :messedup: I was gonna say more; but after reading all that I am tired too... We used to have a saying in management, "If you don't ask for the moon, you'll never get it."
    As for the carrots being within reach: I recall, we shredded a blower belt on one of those passes, AT HALF TRACK, and still ran an 8.6 or .7
    ...You have to ask yourself, is it really required that you post a E.T. slip for every point between here and there? Or, is it permissible to gather your toys and the knowledge gained and skip a couple of rounds? Which route is cheaper in the long run...ha, ha...?
    I also doubt anyone out there would be so foolish to think that they could simply strap-on a new air pump and expect such differences. I will add that it is a bit insulting to think that someone felt the need to "check." But thanks for checking just the same.
    That said...see you in round three......LOL :eat:
    Busby, thanks for keeping it in perspective. Good lookin out. I owe you one....or two...
    I feel so enlightened by this post and I think I apologize for for questioning anything in the future.
    Shredded a blower belt at the 1/8th and still ran 8.60? Man that was gonna be a 6 second run!!

"If you don't ask for the moon, you'll never get it."
    Hey ... you guys are goin' after it ... good luck!
    Naw, don't owe anything ... if someone would have been slamin' on BBOJ that hard ... I would have been in his corner just as quick ...
    anyways ... what happened to the fatty, I'm burnt out and got a severe case of cotton mouth! Any one got any Pringle's?

Cherry Pop Tarts and a cherry coke!!

BigBlockOldsJet
    That said...see you in round three.....
    Make no mistake about it, after all this, there might be a few people watching.
    Good luck and hopefully you will deliver the goods.
    If it's not too much trouble to ask, Is that a D series PSI and what is the overdrive percentage on this application?

mj680
    Bigblockoldsjet
    How fast does your Big Block 0lds Jet go. ?

Make no mistake about it, after all this, there might be a few people watching.
    I think Robert was speaking about round 3 at the races ... which in BGJ usually is the finals. (subtle joke)
    If it's not too much trouble to ask, Is that a D series PSI and what is the overdrive percentage on this application?
    I believe Willis said it's the gas version ... which would be a 206B ... and I heard through the grapevine that he was running it 85% over ...

BigBlockOldsJet
    I believe Willis said it's the gas version ... which would be a 206B ... and I heard through the grapevine that he was running it 85% over ...
    Does the NJBA enforce a maximum overdrive percentage on PSI and Whipple screw chargers?

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast