Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boat painting options? Help!

GAWnCA
    Im aware of all the products...Kitty Hair , Mar Glas...ect....When I worked for Eastern Airlines ...Mar Glas was approved for repairing leading edge slat dents...on aluminum..The strongest of those by far I have found is 3m's HSRF...look into it...like concrete....I was just agreeing with Ducky's take on the correct procedure...I tell people all the time..It's yours ...do as you wish...
    I understand what you are saying. I just didn't think adding diaper-dust to resin sounded like a good idea, so I was pointing out that there are real products out there that should work. I agree with Ducky as well. I had 8 holes (cleats) drilled way up in the front of my deck that I couldn't get to the back side to do anything with so I filled them with kitty hair. When I get ready to refinish the boat and paint it, I'll make sure that I have some mat and fabric on the topside to be sure. I wouldn't think of using the hair on major damage. Someone on one of the threads did a nice write up and photo shoot of their repair work.

DUCKY
    Don't get me wrong guys, we all have taken a short cut at one time or another. I have used kitty hair, mar-glass, and the like on some of my own stuff, but I would never suggest it to anyone, nor would I use such a process on a customer's ride. The body filler/glass is the only method that I know for a fact will not fail. Have fun!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12