Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Outboards vs car motors

Mohavekid
    Hey Fastpace, you might check on what a Sprint boat is before you make those statements. A sprint is an aluminum hull usually 15-16 feet long powered by a v-8 and a jet. They're quick as hell, turn on a dime and can run in 6 inches of water.

Jungle Boy
    Skaterfast:
    Knowing what I know and reading the article on the DCB twin outboard I still don't understand why all the boats under 30 feet are not all outboard powered????Never mind what I had to say.

superdave013
    FASTPACE:
    V-8'S ARE FOR GOIN STRAIGHT AND HARD!
    DON'T TRY TO TURN, GET MORE WOMEN IN A BASS BOAT,
    FRONT -REAR-MIDDLE, UNDER THE DECK ON THE DECK.
    CAN THOSE 8'S REALLY COMPETE?I'ed like to see your twin weed wacker make the single pin turns at Long Beach.
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Raceboat_Arenas/Circle_Racers/gn_turn.JPG[/img]
    Or run a full day of endurance racing and then pull a skier in the Catalina race the very next day like Lance did a few years ago.
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Raceboat_Arenas/Circle_Racers/gn790running1.JPG[/img]
    I bet it gets old only seeing this end of a schiada river cruiser hu?
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Raceboat_Arenas/Circle_Racers/schiada_back.JPG[/img]
    Don't get me wrong, I like outboards. I like them alot. I just don't have time to wait for them to spool up in the mid range. Nothing like the punch of a heathly big block.

Charley
    I have a few reasons....
    #1 My Mach 26 goes faster with a single 850hp BBC than it would with 640 HP of OB
    #2 My BBC puts my baby to sleep...NO IM NOT KIDDING
    #3 I enjoy being blown and that will never happen with an outboard

Skaterfast
    Lots of you are missing the point here.Outboards are almost 50% more efficient than inboards.

waterslinger
    Well boys had some fast o/b's on my Hydrostreams
    but you smoke a v-6 clamp on and you soon find out
    you could build 2 big blocks for the cost of one
    clamp on. I have had both and will not have any
    more clamp ons. The last XR-150 I had cost more than the jet boat I have now. It was 10 mph faster
    but parts were just to high. Do the math.

FASTPACE
    BEEN GONE FOR A FEW DAYS CATCHIN THOSE SMALLIES, BUT IF YOU " JET HEADS" THINK THAT THE IB HOLD PERFORMANCE, EFFICIENCY, SPEED, BOAT CONTROL,HIGH DRY RIDES, THEN LET THE FACTS, JUST THE FACTS, SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES. FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT BEEN BEHIND THE 300 MERC, WELL-WELL-WELL. THE MERC 2.5 CATERGORY, IS WHERE THE SPEED RECORDS
    ARE HELD, AND AS FOR "HARE' PINS TURNS, THOSE PICS
    HAVE HALF THE FIELD OUTSIDE THE BOUY. OB CAN MAKE THAT TURN ON A DIME AND GIVE YOU 9 CENTS CHANGE.
    AND PRICE, UP FRONT MONEY - MORE- ENVIROMENTALLY -MORE FRIENDLY. CAN YOU IB GUYS [HEAR] ME. DOLLAR FOR DOLLAR OVER 5 YEARS OB'S ARE CHEAPER. SEE JACOSMARINE.COM

Jungle Boy
    outboards cool factor = nil

Kim Hanson
    You guy's, mine would spank most of these car motor's, if not the majority of them.Only 325hp. at the "PROP"and it sound's "BITCHIN",but just your everyday clamp-on, right.Shit I even tried to fish from it and the hook won't stay in the water.LMAO...( . )( . )........It is costly to fix a "OB" but,If it is big enough my "humble" opinion,They will spank most if not all "JET'S"......
    [ August 19, 2002, 05:45 PM: Message edited by: Kim Hanson ]

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast