Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lavey speed

Dewey
    Anthony,
    I've heard nothing but good things about the Spinelli, but I havn't had the pleasure of trying one yet. I think I may try to find a Tempest or a Mazco HP4. Both are supposed to be good props for heavier sport and bass boats.
    I have a Gaffrig speedo and it is dead nuts.(verified with a Garmin GPS) I have used the Hill speed calc. to figure efficiency, and so far the most efficient prop I have tried was a Mercury chopper at 10% slip. All of the others were anywhere from 13%-15%.
    How much does your hull weigh? My 20.8 is supposed to be about 1950 lbs. fully rigged, but I havn't run it across the scales yet to verify. I am hoping it is not too much heavier than that.
    Bill

anthony
    BILL SOUNDS LIKE YOUR ON THE RIGHT PATH ,I MUST HAVE TRIED TEN PROPS BEFORE I WENT BACK TO THE SPIN.HE TOOK MY 30BACK AND MADE ME A NEW 28 WITH A LITTLE CUP TO IT AND JUST CHARGED ME SHIPPING.THE MAZCO IS PROBABLY GOING TO BE YOUR BEST CHOICE.MY HULL BARE WEIGHS IN AT 850LBS.WITH TWO BUCKETS UP FRONT AND ABENCH IN THE REAR,IT'S PRETTY DAM LIGHT! WERE ARE YOU LOCATED ANTHONY (TUNNEL T)DISCOVERY BAY CA.

Dewey
    I'm in san Diego. I spend most of my boating time on the local lakes and at the Colorado River. We launch at Fishers or Hidden Shores and head up river from there.
    Bill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12