Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Colton Cable Ski-Way

mark49
    1972 we have a reunion next month.... 35th and i still have all my hair

HavaSkank
    Congrats on the hair. Just tell me you dont count looking like Gallagher as "still having hair."

mark49
    This summer pic under the bridge, I was told that drinkin' lot's of beer maintains healthy hair growth

HavaSkank
    This probably explains the excessive hair on my back. I really really need to switch to wine.

eagle
    Grew up in Rialto. Moved to the river in 1968 with my parents. What great life. Cable ski way, yes did a bunch. Friend of my father owned part. I think it opened around 66, what a great time. Don't believe was opened that long. Saw another thread about Danny Churchill, yep skied with him, what a skier, this was before he went to speed. Lived on the river and skied just about year round- started bare footin about 69 when the water was smoooooooth.
    Dad used to shit when we burned 80 Gal of gas thru the old jet out footin. Had to run them wide open to get the ride. It was hard to stay in school when the weather called. Friend of mine and I did a double bare foot behind a jet and drug it down until it would not pull anymore. Graduated at Parker High in 71. Yes this guy is old. But I still remember my last class ( after returning from a ski day to finals for High School Graduation. Last class teacher and test said finish and get the f##k out of here. Walked in with tennis shoes makin water noise with tee shirt and swim trucks for the last final.

shueman
    Valley and Pepper just next to the old Sam Sneed golf course off the 10 fwy.
    I think they closed it down around the early or mid 70s
    39 huh i grew up in Colton/The Canyon, Grand Terrace, we may know alotta the same people although im older they you, Also graduated from Colton High. Moved away and then came back to settle down, sorta.
    It was there in '69 when I got out of the Army...but closed down shortly thereafter...

mark49
    I did some searching and cable skiing is still around, one site had a nice video..
    http://www.skirixenusa.com/
    http://www.cable-ski.com/

OCMerrill
    How about Ski Land? Anyone remember this place?
    I think it was off Van Buren in Riverside?

Here are a few pics from Ski Land.
    http://www.vintagehydroplanes.com/foley.html
    Bob Foley Photo Album

Not So Fast
    You'll have to be old enough to have seen Jimi Hendrix, Sonny & Cher and The Ike & Tina Turner Revue, LIVE, at the Cinnamon Cinder, in Long Beach California at the "Trafficd Circle" ...... R U that old?
    Damn, the Cinnamon Cinder, havent heard that in about 50 yrs How about the Harmony Park Ballroom in Newport Beach doing the surfer stomp, to Dick Dale and the Deltones, good times back then!!!! NSF

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast