Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: To Beach or Not to Beach?????

zgoo
    I've had other deep water boat and this is my first jet boat I have a question about beaching one's boat. Since my other boats where larger and I would never beach it because of the drive and bottom damage, why is it I see so many of you guy beach your boats? It would seem that it would hurt the gel coat. Beaching it would seem to hurt the resale due to reading in ads about the seller saying that the boat has never been beached. What say you?

have it touched up before you sell it and claim to have never beached it!...every time i have looked at a boat with that claim, it had clearly been re gel'd at the keel! Every one i have seen!:idea:
    Alot of B.S. out there for sale!
    Todd

Although it really don't matter with mine as it already shows signs of beaching. But I don't beach mine. I throw a anchor out and let it float. I get out and walk in 2-3 feet of water to shore or stand,sit at sandbar. To each there own.

Devilman
    I'll beach mine, I don't really give a damn.... Resale value has never been a factor in anything I own, I just don't see the point in owning something, but constantly worrying about what you do with it because it may "hurt the resale".... I mean, I won't run it up on shore at 20 miles an hour or anything, but I don't have a problem beaching it. When I bought my boat, worrying about how much I could get for it if I tried to sell it never crossed my mind, but there again, I don't buy stuff to get rid of it....

Although it really don't matter with mine as it already shows signs of beaching. But I don't beach mine. I throw a anchor out and let it float. I get out and walk in 2-3 feet of water to shore or stand,sit at sandbar. To each there own.
    "Splendid" avitar there 4trax!

Devilman
    You should see the bigger version......

FuelInMyVeins82
    I've had other deep water boat and this is my first jet boat I have a question about beaching one's boat. Since my other boats where larger and I would never beach it because of the drive and bottom damage, why is it I see so many of you guy beach your boats? It would seem that it would hurt the gel coat. Beaching it would seem to hurt the resale due to reading in ads about the seller saying that the boat has never been beached. What say you?
    The main thing about beaching a boat is that it can get sand in the pump and ruin the tollerances between the impeller and the wear ring. If you dont have a detailed pump its not as big of deal but you may eventually loose some performance because of it.

You should see the bigger version......
    I would be traveling rough water at that point!....but then again that is the reason why i bought a tunnel! lol

I dont beach mine. I never have understood the idea of taking a low freeboard boat, running the bow up on the beach which lowers the transon even more. but then again
    all of my boating friends beach theirs. each to their own I guess.

Yes indeed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast