Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drag alien cowl

Phat_Kat
    Does the mercury drag motor come with the new alien cowl found on the 300, 300x, and the 2.5 280HP? I only see the old style on mercury's website but I think I saw a drag motor with the new cowl. Anyone know what's up?

Rocket2003
    I think Mercury went back to the old style cowling for the drag, But I could be wrong!
    I have seen them both ways, 2000 had alien cowl, but I saw a 2003 with regular cowl. Maybe it's an option?

Jrocket
    They come with the new style cowl and they aint cheap!

kab
    I have a DCB with 2.5 drag motors and they have the new style cowlings.

MAXIMUS
    Jrocket:
    They come with the new style cowl and they aint cheap! Do they make those to cover car motors???

HavasuBarney
    MAXIMUS:
    Jrocket:
    They come with the new style cowl and they aint cheap! Do they make those to cover car motors??? Everytime they line up with together, the Mercury covers the car motor!

Jrocket
    MAXIMUS:
    Jrocket:
    They come with the new style cowl and they aint cheap! Do they make those to cover car motors??? They're called scoops,and everytime one of those jet boat guys puts one on they suddenly pick up 50mph and 200HP!!!

MAXIMUS
    Jrocket:
    MAXIMUS:
    Jrocket:
    They come with the new style cowl and they aint cheap! Do they make those to cover car motors??? They're called scoops,and everytime one of those jet boat guys puts one on they suddenly pick up 50mph and 200HP!!! At least!!!! wink

DUCKY
    1999 through 2002 Drag motors came with the alien cowl. In 03, they went back to the square unit, because they figured it was lighter, and they don't need to clear an external alternator, like on the 280, and pro-max

You Te
    Yep, the cowling covers the car motor.
    You Te

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast