Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best boat for me (really need the help guys)

MAXIMUS
    sleeping

Skaterfast
    Stoker.Hands down

Forkin' Crazy
    Yea, you are stupid...the hell with the jetski, you were going to get laid? You were already in trouble......?
    Cyclone 182

eliminatedsprinter
    I must admit I'm a little lost on this one. In one part of this you are talking like a kid who's dad just took away the boat keys. In the other part you are talking about getting a custom tunnel boat, the likes of which my 44 year old, college educated, professional, butt still can't afford to purchase, maintain, and insure. Which is it ? Are you a good red-blooded all americain kid, who's in some rather comical trouble with his dad right now or the most spoiled kid on the planet??? I'd like to help, but I'm just not picturing the situation very well right now. frown

eliminatedsprinter
    There are no dogs in that line up, but the Stokers and the Eliminators are the standards that the others are compared too. I must admit to a little bias here, because my boat is an Eliminator that was rigged by Stoker. Plus the 20 ft Stoker and my boat shared the same deck back in the 80s. wink
    P.S. My boat isn't a bad a@@ tunnel. Just a modest pad bottom V with a humble E Rude XP 150. It's no lake rod, but it yanks me up on a wakeboard in a heartbeat and with the right prop I'm sure it will go as fast as I want to drive on water with my son on board...
    [ September 09, 2003, 11:35 AM: Message edited by: eliminatedsprinter ]

RIVER WILD
    HOW ABOUT A 22 DAYTONA IF I CAN ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS CALL

HavasuDreamin'
    RIVER WILD:
    HOW ABOUT A 22 DAYTONA IF I CAN ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS CALL Your wasting your time dude. This kid is like 18 and has no $$$$.
    pig_flyi

eliminatedsprinter
    Phat Cat
    Believe it or not, I have given this some thought. I remember what you have said in your other posts. You are going to think I am crazy, but here is what I think the best boats for you are:
    1. An unfinished hull. Preferably wood. Something that when finished can be raced with modest power in the most entry level of class racing. You are young. Get your hands dirty and build something and learn from the very bottom up.
    2. One of the new inflatable racers. For the same reason as above.
    Anybody can throw money at a Daytona or a SST and make an awsome boat if that is their priority.
    You want to make a living in the custom boat biz (is that not your stated dream). So build and race and develop a real talent and a feel for boating from the bottom up. Do it right, don't skip steps and leave a bunch of holes in your boating C.V.
    See I told you, you would think I'm crazy.
    P.S. This is only the answer to what boat is best for you. I wont even mention the other skills you will need to meet your goals. Ie glass and metal working, graphic design, etc....

sorry dog
    Phat kat-
    I recommend you pick up a Hydrostream Viper, put on STV Keith's bridgeport, find a 30" cleaver and have fun.
    Just remember that the flat side stays up.
    *Disclaimer - My opinions suck and your are likely to get very wet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12