Thread: Boat Hook Video w/ slow motion

ravencrew
    Came across some footage I forgot I had. Take a look at how hard this boat hooks. Almost takes out 2 spectators at the last second his pump hooks up and through the rock garden they go!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zJ_602Ahrs:jawdrop:

bottom feeder
    Thank you good vid, Hard hit. The rock in the end got my attention. Might have to start running with a rock block

Racey
    Holy Chit! that thing tosses that boulder like a dixie cup in a wind storm!!!

ravencrew
    could you imagine being on the recieveing end of that boulder. Gives a whole new meaning to our 50 ft. saftey zone from the bank for spectators!

572Daytona
    They just needed a bit more speed and they could have been back in the water and still going

ravencrew
    They just needed a bit more speed and they could have been back in the water and still going
    The way that team drives I bet it crossed their mind!!! That has to be the only team that has their throttle pedal welded to the floor!! The driver is amazing to watch!!

rrrr
    No doubt....didja notice that as soon as the boat dug in from the hook, the driver was steering hard left and on the gas trying to stay off the rocks. No quit in those guys. :jawdrop:

ravencrew
    No doubt....didja notice that as soon as the boat dug in from the hook, the driver was steering hard left and on the gas trying to stay off the rocks. No quit in those guys. :jawdrop:
    Did you notice the bow before the wreck? It was already crushed from a pressure dent from the last race. They decided to run the boat anyways. That boat is in the A Class catagorie, Capable of 112+ on the river running 1100 hp. He had the floats tuned so good in the motor that he actually had to shut down the motor after thr wreck! Those guys have been doing this for quite awhile.

Dave C
    .. a little bondo and JBB can get that thing back on the water in no time.

ravencrew
    .. a little bondo and JBB can get that thing back on the water in no time.
    This boat will need a little more than bondo, It is currently in a shape of a pancake!! They salvage the motor and pump though.