Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ignition ?

ghittner
    Thanks,
    I was told 20-25 hp but the biggest bonus is the reliability. Just bump the key and it fires up. Mine does that now
    No way 20- to 25 HP in a stock 305. Maybe 5. Maybe 25 or more in a a high horse blown application.... You can probably get a little better throttle response though by changing the advance modules to a smaller advance curve. What module do you have? It will say V8-24 or V8-22 or something like that imprinted on the module on the riser.

jkh04200
    I believe it would be a 24 based on what I read with my timing lighjt. I am running 10 initial. Its been a long time since I fooled with this stuff. But, from what I remember on the cars I used to have the more intial you ran helped low end. So I would think I could go a little taller on the prop. But to much total kills top end. I believe on my elcamino I was at 20 intial and 36 total, buts its been a while
    So, your saying more initial will give me better response?

cfm
    Thanks,
    I was told 20-25 hp .
    Yup, so doesn't the guy who invented the Tornado.
    MSD is nowhere near reliability of T-Bolt system.
    Every application is different but marketing makes it all sound the same even if they aren't outright lying.
    If your t-bolt isn't broke on your atock motor, then don't fugg with it. And this is coming from someone that fuggs with everything he can, even when he shouldn't. LOL.

ghittner
    Yup, so doesn't the guy who invented the Tornado.
    MSD is nowhere near reliability of T-Bolt system.
    Every application is different but marketing makes it all sound the same even if they aren't outright lying.
    If your t-bolt isn't broke on your atock motor, then don't fugg with it. And this is coming from someone that fuggs with everything he can, even when he shouldn't. LOL.
    Did anyone actually buy that thing?

SmokinLowriderSS
    I've seen 2 or so in Ks here.

bocco
    You can also also run an MSD blaster coil with the thunderbolt ignition. I replaced a burned out merc coil with one and it worked great.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12