Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: DCB's 30' Sportdeck

mbrown2
    Having had a deckboat, good access is one of the keys. I don't like the idea of having to enter the boat from the transom area and be swimming/climbing around all that hardware. Two props, outdrives, and the tie bar would make entry difficult.
    Looks like a go fast boat that is trying to take advantage of the possibility of lower interest rates due to the "deckboat" moniker.
    Looks like they made the front and back easier but true...no side entrance..

RiverDave
    This thing looks pretty nice!!
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...obbie10022.JPG
    Well if everyones going to be out running 100 mph in deckboats, I guess it's about time that a mfg came up with a deck that looks like it should be running 100mph!
    I think it's a niche market, but I definately like it!
    People keep saying "It's not a very good deckboat becuase.." I don't think they were trying to build the best deck.. but rather something sporty, but with more deck style creature comforts for the wife and kids. If that's the case then I think they hit the Mark, for both Mom and Dad.
    RD

TOBTEK
    I agree it looks like an afterthought cause they did not want to change the deck/bottom molds to be truly a deck....
    One thing I do like is the higher side consoles with built in subs...that looks pretty trick.
    ditto on the swim step. A molded in step would look alot better. Thinking Javier should get credit for the "new Rage" in gell schems down there
    looks like a good boat for someone that KINDA wants a deckboat. They will sell a ton to a nich crowd that can afford to be different from all the other decks out there. Hehehe.... all the other decks

andy01
    I was able to see the boat last year when they were tooling it. It looked better then than it does in this picture, so the picture could just be the wrong angle. I like the seating in the aft part of the boat. I could dig a F-29 or 32 with just four seats and easy rear entry.
    Nice boat for that guy that doens't want a normal deck boat. I wonder who will build the first 150 mph one...... "No Pass ll"
    Looks good for the first one, I also like the taller side pods with the subs in them.
    Brian post some pictures.
    Andy

XFactor
    I was able to see the boat last year when they were tooling it. It looked better then than it does in this picture, so the picture could just be the wrong angle. I like the seating in the aft part of the boat. I could dig a F-29 or 32 with just four seats and easy rear entry.
    Nice boat for that guy that doens't want a normal deck boat. I wonder who will build the first 150 mph one...... "No Pass ll"
    Looks good for the first one, I also like the taller side pods with the subs in them.
    Brian post some pictures.
    Andy
    I think your looking at the 1st 150mph+ deck. I think this one has twin 900's in it. The taller side pods are a result of the innerliner. I think it's the same innerliner as mine which was tooled from the 32 innerliner.
    Overall, I like it. Not big on the colors. I think green a blue has seen it's day. I wonder how the rear entry actually works. Should be pretty easy in and out. The tie bar should sit right at water level. With the handles next to the lower step it should make it very easy to get in. I think the drives will be a pain to clean.

Havasu_Dreamin
    I think your looking at the 1st 150mph+ deck. I think this one has twin 900's in it.
    Teague 900's from what I was told...
    http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p...rt_Engines.jpg

ZBODaytona
    Well i like the swim platform, i was wondering what i would do to my older daytona so maybe something like that i can have made and added on to my boat. All i have now is the single step in between the exhaust...

mbrown2
    Although I like molded swim steps better...for a bolt on that is a pretty trick swim step in the up close pics...also should be very easy to board and unboard....
    Agree with Glenn though...drives will be fun to clean..
    Pretty trick deck for the guy who wants to see ETicket's go by in his rear view like Yugo's to Ferrari...
    Also love the subs galore...two in back, two in front...look like W6's or 7's...

02HoWaRd26
    :jawdrop: That boat is out of control beautiful, :jawdrop: It is the best of both worlds as said before makes mom hapy and dad even HAPPIER!!!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast