Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: DCB's 30' Sportdeck

XtrmWakeborder
    First off let me say this boat is beautiful......Now, am I the only one who thinks 400k for a boat(any boat) is unthinkable. Ragardless of how much money you make, how could a person EVER justify spending 400k on a boat when 400k could buy you a whole list of things which would be a much better use of money?
    I know you cant put a price on fun but when you can have a awesome deckboat for 60k-100k and have the same amount of fun, why spend 400k?
    If I made 10mil/year I would still not be able to justify spending 400k on a boat. Not trying to put anyone down, it just amazes me.
    Rant over.......
    There are people out there that make a lot of money. It just has to be put in perspective. If people can spend 750k on a baseball, I think 400k on a boat is deffinately a possibility.

socalmofo
    There are people out there that make a lot of money.
    What is alot of money to you? What amount would put it into perspective?

ClownRoyal
    First and foremost the boat is beautiful definitely a niche product for that particular discerning client/customer. I like the graphics and the inclusion of the stereo components in all the right places.
    I havent' seen this sit on the water but I am guessing the bottom step along with the tie-bar are under water about 3 inches or so. That is true with the F32. So a swim step is not necessary 'IMO'.

kap
    Clownroyal:
    I thought about that but usually the upper portion of the drive and tie bar is out of the water while floating. I also thought that maybe with the twin motors the rear end would be wetter ie... lower and thats why only the two grab handles.
    Our previous boat had a retractable step on the port side and the edge of the swimstep was in the water but you simply could not get in and out without stepping on the ladder and using the portside handle.
    However, you might be right it would be nice to have some water photos. I'd love to see a video----with those twin motors between 5 & 6k rpm's. I would not be surprised to see some serious top end numbers between 135-145 plus or minus 2-3MPH.
    KAP

XtrmWakeborder
    What is alot of money to you? What amount would put it into perspective?
    To me? 500k a year would be a lot of money, and I know there are a lot of people making more than that. Probably a few on this board...

Patyacht
    I havent' seen this sit on the water but I am guessing the bottom step along with the tie-bar are under water about 3 inches or so. That is true with the F32. So a swim step is not necessary 'IMO'.
    Took the drop down step off my F-29. Not needed. Tie bar sits at water level or just below. Real easy to slide your butt onto the tie rod and board the boat.

TOBTEK
    How much would the Teague 900's/Drives add to the ticket? (100K?:idea: )
    330K for a deck is a lot of cash
    yeah I agree.... I thought this had Illmors, spoke with a buddy thats that knows what the # is on this. 400 is very possible with 900's. alot of $$$ for deckboat.

shippingguy
    yeah I agree.... I thought this had Illmors, spoke with a buddy thats that knows what the # is on this. 400 is very possible with 900's. alot of $$$ for deckboat.
    You can say that again. but to each is own.

TOBTEK
    You can say that again. but to each is own.
    I agree..... if you can afford it, and you want it.....WHY NOT?

shippingguy
    I agree..... if you can afford it, and you want it.....WHY NOT?
    That is definitely true.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast