Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: prop diameter?

TOBTEK
    How much difference does say a 15" to a 15 1/2 diameter make? someone needs to start a prop demo service in havasu. I'd pay some bucks to rent a few sets before I spend thousands finding the right combo. Found a set of 15 1/2 30 pitch maximus's for a good price, been wanting to try these, even more so after a buddy said that a maximus took ALL the porpoise out of his 26. I dont think anybody has really tried these on OB's ?

Reaper1
    Tob, I've heard people talk of a place in Havasu that does what you're talking about. I can't think of the name. Maybe someone will chime in with it.

Jordy
    took ALL the porpoise out of his 26.
    Porpoise on a Kool-Aid boat??? Say it isn't so!?!?!?!

LUVNLIFE
    That there is a funny statement. :rollside:

XFactor
    How much difference does say a 15" to a 15 1/2 diameter make? someone needs to start a prop demo service in havasu. I'd pay some bucks to rent a few sets before I spend thousands finding the right combo. Found a set of 15 1/2 30 pitch maximus's for a good price, been wanting to try these, even more so after a buddy said that a maximus took ALL the porpoise out of his 26. I dont think anybody has really tried these on OB's ?
    Toby,
    Take advice from the idiots that spent thousands to find the right set. :cry:

the_gray_goose
    Toby,
    Take advice from the idiots that spent thousands to find the right set. :cry:
    I will second that in a big way!!! I have spent a small fortune on props.

the_gray_goose
    You know if you run the these you will need to drill them with vent holes.
    They don't have them when used on I/O's

TOBTEK
    You know if you run the these you will need to drill them with vent holes.
    They don't have them when used on I/O's
    dah...... they have plugged holes oem, not sure if they are large enough though.

TOBTEK
    I sooooo knew that was coming pretty well known FACT that the 26's bounce from mid 60 to mid 70's....

XFactor
    I sooooo knew that was coming pretty well known FACT that the 26's bounce from mid 60 to mid 70's....
    But that's only for a couple seconds before you reach your cruising speed of 90+

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast