Thread: Aquacraft Shark Total Redo

TonkaDriver
    I recently bought a shark. I am in the process of taking it apart to redo the floor and prep the hull for paint. I will post updates as I make progress. My goal is to create a Hotrod/Nostalgia boat that will be a showpiece.
    I have seen the Honcho threads and am wondering if there was a famous Aquacraft from the old days that I could recreate. I bet Jerry or Billy B. can point me in the right direction.
    Right now I have a blank canvas. Any thoughts?
    Kurt

CircleJerk
    Good luck on this one! The Aqua guys hide quite well for I dont know what reason. If there is a shark guru out there I would also like to ask him why he invested in such a loser. And that could be the reason right there for the silence. I would love to share with you what I know..........ah should take about 4 minutes on your dime. Pm me after the race.
    Oh and dont paint it black, you will be block sanding for months to get the defects out! They are split right down the middle from a three piece construction! Keep the faith Tonka and I will keep struggling with making this barge run in the REAR!

bestboys
    The Reason For The Silence Is That Skip Volk, The President Of Aqua Craft Past Away In A Plane Crash. One Of The Builders That Built The Aqua Craft Shark Is Still Around, Believe He Lives Down Near Fallbrook, Ca.

vdriver4ever
    A red # 56 one of Skips boats would be cool....
    Are you going to run an FE 427?

TonkaDriver
    A red # 56 one of Skips boats would be cool....
    Are you going to run an FE 427?
    Are there any pics of the red #56 (Jerry)? I have pretty cool design coming from Amy aka Firecracker.
    http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...ark/Paint2.jpg
    What do you think?
    I am probably going Blown BBC because of bang for the buck But am open to ideas. Engine budget is 10 to 12K but there is a lot of work and a lot of time before I get to a final decision on the engine. I really like the look of stack injection. Engine decisions are a lot harder than they used to be.
    First order of business is to get the hull perfect and the rigging right.

vdriver4ever
    The drawing looks great. When we started my Nordskog project we wanted to give it some old style lines with some updated color and techniques. Billy did a great job of accomplishing that. Of course the Nordskog has lines that you want to enhance and keep with color lines. The Aqua Craft has very traditional lines and you can't hardly screw it up.
    Skips red boat was about the same color red you have in your sketch. He had some boats with a thin white line and some were all red.