Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Progression Boats

nhbuoy
    HEY CHUMMY>>>>>>>>>Sounds real nice, and LOUD too!!!!! Is it the 237 or 24XL??? It looks like they are the same hull but the 24XL has that larger top deck and gives the interior a little more room....It looks more "offshorey".... Did you get to go for a ride? How fast? Handle good? Good condition? Colors? Will the exhaust be a problem where you live? Give me the info you lucky bastid!!!!

nhbuoy
    HEY CHUMMY>>>> FYI: There is a 1999-27' PROGRESSION w/a 502 on E-BAY that will end in 1 hour.......bid is at 38,100 1pm east time........item #1851149680>>>>> boat is in NEW YAWK>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Chummy
    NHBuoy, sorry for the delay, its in excellent condition, no ride he lives far away, got some pics and its just not me. But if you are interested I'll send you some pics.
    Chummy

Chummy
    Oh yeah, its a 24LD

Indy
    I don't visit this site too often, so sorry about the late reply. I have a good friend that owns a 2001 Progression and have ridden in it a few times.
    It is very well built (race ready) boat like most east coast boats are. If it can break, Kevin doesn't put it in the boat. Everything in the boat is strong and built to take a pounding. The hull is vacume bagged and straight. They are a low volume builder and do it right the first time, unlike some others that will go nameless. It handles like no other 27-28 I've ever been on and was shocked the first time I was out on it. It is a sit-down boat, so there is no bolster drop-out option. This appeals to some boaters, generally the hard-core racer types. His boat does over 70 with the 496HO and accelerates very well. He is now selling it and is moving up to a Gun...If you want to see it, send me an email and I'll have him get in touch with you. BTW...I've ridden in this boat on big water, no lake boat wussy stuff.

Steamin' Rice
    Lakemead1:
    Hey NHBuouy - too much boat for us huh
    Yeah, my post over there was just to pry for info. When I upsize, I'm looking like 29 ft. or so - I'm just looking for opinions. Being a lake rat, I don't know all too much about the offshore saltwater world and I'm eager to learn.
    From what I'm told, the Lavey makes a great 29 boat, I just may look into that too.
    Thanks for the info!LM1...Don't forget to check out Chris Ayres' 29 Shockwave at the Poker Runs West event....I think he still has that boat unless he sold it. It has lots of freeboard which is nice in the ocean, and it has a ton of room.....

nhbuoy
    WOW...I can't believe this thread has risen from the dead!!! CHUMMY...If you're still interested in a PROGRESSION go over to www.screamandfly.com...In the boats over 20' section there are a couple that you might like...HAPPY HUNTING & keep those cards & letters coming!!! Also check out the RALLY SPORT WILDMAN has for sale...It's a VERY well built boat(I know because I have sold a BUNCH of them!!!)& I think it's a BETTER looking boat because of the nicer top deck...& the $$$$$price$$$$$is right...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12