Thread: Hey 058

rrrr
    The other day I noticed a new racing shop had opened in a strip mall along the freeway by my office. After lunch today I stopped by to check 'em out.
    First thing I notice is that there's a 427 Cobra replica kit car on the floor. Directly to the right of the car is a Shelby aluminum 427 block on a stand, and next to it is a Genesis 427 block. Hanging on the wall I see a Blue Thunder 4X2 intake, all kinds of Ford Motorsports parts, Edelbrock heads......GASP!.....These guys are FE Noodniks!!!
    How cool is that??

Thats way cool. Glad to see the 'ol FE gaining in popularity. With the new parts available they can be made into respectable performers, just ask the Booze bros. Brian in his 62 Galaxie running 8.90s and his brother in a 61 Starliner running a less than a tenth slower. Both FE powered with cast intake manifolds. Last I heard they hold the NMCA record in their class. BTW, speaking of FEs, hows your boat? Getting any use out of it?
    [ July 23, 2003, 04:26 PM: Message edited by: 058 ]

rrrr
    Well, I've been pretty busy lately working, and on weekends I've been doing the Indycar thing working on the crew. I figure that my buddy isn't gonna be racing forever, so this is the only chance I have to work in bigtime racing (even if it is for free ).
    So the Howard hasn't been in the water for a month now, and I'm going to Michigan tomorrow night for the race this weekend. Next weekend we are off, so I'm gonna take a look at those secondary metering plates and see what's in there.
    Week after that we are racing in St. Louis. The good thing about Texas is that it's hot as hell well into October so I'm gonna have a chance to run the flatty before it gets cold. I think Joe Don and the gang have a good bash south of Dallas at Lake Whitney in the fall, so I'm gonna go to that.

Infomaniac
    That is one hell of a bash.
    I hope my boat is still running for that.

rrrr
    Infomaniac:
    That is one hell of a bash.
    I hope my boat is still running for that. Are you expecting a kaboom between now and then??

Wow, Your dance card is full...better to be too busy than not enough. The Indy car crewing is cool and yeah I'd be doing the same if given the chance.