Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone going to the Thunderboat Regatta???

abraman1326
    Looks like we are finally going to be able to make it to San Diego for the races. I was going to reserve our RV spot today, but I have a few questions. Are there hook up's for any RV's? I ask b/c I think I have a hole in my water holding tank, and am hoping they have at least water hook ups if not water and electricity. Also, which would be the best place to camp and be able to be close to the water and action. It would be really awesome to be able to sit on top of the trailer w/ the kids and see a lot of the action. Is anyone else going for the weekend? I hope we can hook up w/ some of y'all and have a few silver bullets. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance...
    BRA

stoker2001
    Stacie and I will be down there sawing them off at Crown Point "IHBA" with the whacker (hopefully)
    Stop by the pit and say hey
    We are having a close out on tee shirts
    http://www.thunderboatregatta.com/main.htm

bubbletop409
    Wife and I are flying down on the Thursday before, leaving the boat at home. Thought about volunteering as a course patrol boat, but since this will be our first trip for this event, we did not want to get tied down in a certain area. Looks to be a great event with so many different types of boat classes all in the same general area. For anyone else interested you can check out the web site for the event at www.thunderboatregatta.com

abraman1326
    I did look @ the site. It has prices w/ tickets, but no mention of weather or not there are hook ups. Having never been down for it before, i don't know weather i need the trailer filled up or not, and where the bast place to camp is. Also, w/ the tickets included in the prices, does that allow entry to everything, or just 1 partucular division? I will have to stop by and see everyone, it'll be a fun weekend...
    Bra

stoker2001
    Bra,call IHBA 505-869-005
    Cathy and John Flores are residents in SD and are helping Nancy and Charly Fegan with promoting this race
    good luck

DUNDUN
    I think I remember RV's camped out in just a parking lot.. no hook up's or anything. I've been wrong before though...

abraman1326
    Bra,call IHBA 505-869-005
    Cathy and John Flores are residents in SD and are helping Nancy and Charly Fegan with promoting this race
    good luck
    Thank you very much. I'll have to call and check on the details...
    BRA

MBlaster
    No hookups. Plan on dry camping.

stoker2001
    There is bitchen RV parks on or near Mission Bay that offer full hookups.
    The best way to get around down there is beach cruiser bikes
    The traffic can be unbearable at times down there.
    I look forward to the cooler weather and the nice scenary
    Hope the crosswinds are mellow,as i have a hard time keeping my junk in my own lane

Mandelon
    No hookups unless you are at Campland. You'll be in a big bayside parking lot. Bring beachcruisers or bikes for sure. BBQ mandatory.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast