Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Air Gap knock off

ECeptor
    Anyone heard of these intakes?
    909 RaceParts air gap BBC intake (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BB-CH...474QQssPageNam eZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)
    Would be quite a bit cheaper than the Edelbrock polished Air-Gap.

Looks like the "Professional Products Power+Plus" manifold. Pretty sure they have been discussed here, as well as on other boards, before. Might try a search. The big question is, "are they just cheap foreign copies or are they well designed pieces?"

V1800J
    Someone told me the company was started by some Edelbrock engineers that left to form their own company. I have not been able to confirm that.

Pro Products was started and is owned by Jim Davis, long time guy from B&M.

ECeptor
    Pro Products was started and is owned by Jim Davis, long time guy from B&M.
    Are their intakes good stuff?

The ones I've seen lately look good. Some of the early ones several years ago had some fitment problems but I think that problem is ancient history now from what I hear. They seem to have a good handle on quality control at this point. The price can't be beat on their polished stuff and the polishing looks very good, not a half-ass highlight job.

ECeptor
    The ones I've seen lately look good. Some of the early ones several years ago had some fitment problems but I think that problem is ancient history now from what I hear. They seem to have a good handle on quality control at this point. The price can't be beat on their polished stuff and the polishing looks very good, not a half-ass highlight job.
    So the quality is good enough. Ever heard any info on their performance vs the Edelbrocks?

I've not seen or heard any performance comparisons on them.

CARLSON-JET
    I have bought a few from garage sales and swap meets and sold them on ebay for almost what the new ones go for. so they hold their value if you don't like it. I tried one of the small sbc polished high riser version ( airgap style).. wasn't any magic dust sprinkled on that one..I couldnt tell the difference between it and the airgap. then again, I used it on a fullsize 4X4 at the drags. still ran a 14.90/15.0 depending on the air. I wanted to try the BBC vesion on the boat but it was kinda tall for my hatch. I would agree with rex and say the polished version is a real bargain.

ECeptor
    I have bought a few from garage sales and swap meets and sold them on ebay for almost what the new ones go for. so they hold their value if you don't like it. I tried one of the small sbc polished high riser version ( airgap style).. wasn't any magic dust sprinkled on that one..I couldnt tell the difference between it and the airgap. then again, I used it on a fullsize 4X4 at the drags. still ran a 14.90/15.0 depending on the air. I wanted to try the BBC vesion on the boat but it was kinda tall for my hatch. I would agree with rex and say the polished version is a real bargain.
    Same performance as an AirGap is all the magic dust I'm looking for...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast