Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Need Info! Ranger or Rhino???

wright27
    My wife wants one of these. What are the pros and cons of each? I don't know which one is better.

Trailer Park Casanova
    Polaris has a very bad record of parts availability and customer service.
    Ask anyone with a Polaris watercraft if they can get parts.
    Friends don't let friends buy Polaris.

wright27
    Polaris has a very bad record of parts availability and customer service.
    Ask anyone with a Polaris watercraft if they can get parts.
    Friends don't let friends buy Polaris.
    That is good to know, thanks. She is leaning towards the Polaris because it is wider.

TOBTEK
    I worked for a Polaris/Yamaha dealer in San diego for MANY years.....and I would NEVER own a polaris anything! They are a horrible company period !!!! Now given that, I've owned two rhinos, and my curious to see the new Kawasaki V=twin Rhino knock off. Was at the dealer yesterday, and they are already saying they have a huge list for the new Kawy...its going to be EXPENSIVE = over sticker pricing. If you want the most for the least amount of money, you want to get this one...
    http://***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161484

TOBTEK
    That is good to know, thanks. She is leaning towards the Polaris because it is wider.
    buy and Rhino, and some wheel spacers then.... you have to ask yourself, WHY is are there 500 to 1 rhinos to Rangers sold ???

OutCole'd
    One of my best friends runs the service department for a Seadoo/Yami dealership and I asked him the same question. He said they call the Polaris-Polarius, get the Yami. So I followed his advise.
    Talk to to Ranger owners also though. The ones I've talked to, love them, so who knows.

wright27
    buy and Rhino, and some wheel spacers then.... you have to ask yourself, WHY is are there 500 to 1 rhinos to Rangers sold ???
    Yamaha is my choice for sure. I have owned 2 Yamaha bikes, and they have been bulletproof. She likes the fact that the polaris seats 3 across.

local805
    because people cant think for themselves and are to worried about having what everyone else has,i have several rangers and work them harder than they are made to be used,and they out perform everything out there,they all have over 400 hrs on them and cant say enough good things about them,sevice and parts has never been a problem,but have serviced them every 100 hrs.

havaduner
    [QUOTE=TOBTEK;2796749]
    because people cant think for themselves and are to worried about having what everyone else has,i have several rangers and work them harder than they are made to be used,and they out perform everything out there,they all have over 400 hrs on them and cant say enough good things about them,sevice and parts has never been a problem,but have serviced them every 100 hrs.
    So my Buddy buys a Ranger, because its wider than a Rhino, and he says faster. First run down the street to the Launch Ramp/beach, the rear end grenades. Fights with two dealers to get it fixed. First real ride, engage four wheel drive, within ten minutes front differential breaks while trying to get through a sandy wash.
    I'll stick with my Rhino.

Mrs. 20
    We just bought a Ranger, and I am thrilled with it. I have actually heard lots of great things about them. I love the extra space for the 3 kids in the back bench. My husband doesn't even fit well in the rhino. Neither do my kids. Maybe the Rhinos are more popular because of their smaller size, fitting into trailers and stuff. As far as after market stuff, we have had no problem getting everything we want done. Custom paint, cage, billet, stereo, tires and rims, etc. We got several quotes. The shops told us they are seeing tons of them coming in now. Anyways, go to http://www.prcforum.com/
    It's a Ranger forum. That way you can get a balanced opinion.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast