Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Need Info! Ranger or Rhino???

Outnumbered
    She will be hauling around kids, and our kids will also drive it. The only thing I am concerned with is the tip factor. I think the Ranger might be better in this department. Some happy Ranger owners and a few my friends was a piece of junk. Are there any people who own one and hate there Ranger?
    Don't listen to people that don't own them. Its just like Dodge, people love to bash them but have never owned one. I used to be the same way...until I bought my first Mopar.
    Go to the PRC forums and also go to the Rhino forums. You will see issues on both. The BIG issue with the Rangers was a defective motor mount that caused belts to shred. It has apparently been recalled and fixed on 2007-1/2 models. If you buy a used one you need to take it in and get the new motor mount and new upgraded belt. They should do it for free.
    Just like 2Driver said, if you do buy a Rhino they are really small for 4 people. If you have older kids get a Ranger. I would just buy a 2008 and get a warranty. The resale is so high that it is no discount to buy a used one.
    Good luck.

Not So Fast
    [QUOTE=phebus;2796852]Bobby, you are a straight shooter, what were the "cons" to owning a Rhino?[/QUOTE
    First and foremost Rick was the heat felt in the cockpit, when it is 115 and throw in the heat from the engine it just became no fun. Maybe in the winter time it would be great:idea: Second was the friggin noise and i kept waiting for a shift but with a CVT the revs just build and it gets louder, again maybe its just me and I am too old for this stuff. Also the confines of the cockpit, I was used to my golf cart which had a lot more room to spread out so to speak and on top of it all was they get pretty lousy mileage. I was forever putting gas in the darn thing. keep in mind I used it for street which is not its strong point and I should have DRIVEN ONE BEFORE I BOUGHT IT. Didnt follow the golden rule did I I came out ok and lost very little $$ so lesson learned. I like cleanliness so my next venture (if I can find something that wont break the national budget) will be a street rod/muscle car WITH A/C and comfortable seats. Its hell getting old and having a bad back as you know all too well NSF

djunkie
    Rhinos suck!!! :jawdrop:

Cole Trickle
    [QUOTE=phebus;2796852]Bobby, you are a straight shooter, what were the "cons" to owning a Rhino?[/QUOTE
    First and foremost Rick was the heat felt in the cockpit, when it is 115 and throw in the heat from the engine it just became no fun. Maybe in the winter time it would be great:idea: Second was the friggin noise and i kept waiting for a shift but with a CVT the revs just build and it gets louder, again maybe its just me and I am too old for this stuff. Also the confines of the cockpit, I was used to my golf cart which had a lot more room to spread out so to speak and on top of it all was they get pretty lousy mileage. I was forever putting gas in the darn thing. keep in mind I used it for street which is not its strong point and I should have DRIVEN ONE BEFORE I BOUGHT IT. Didnt follow the golden rule did I I came out ok and lost very little $$ so lesson learned. I like cleanliness so my next venture (if I can find something that wont break the national budget) will be a street rod/muscle car WITH A/C and comfortable seats. Its hell getting old and having a bad back as you know all too well NSF
    Weird....
    2nd time I have heard the heat issue in less than a week and I never noticed it.
    Gas mileage?
    I feel like the thing goes forever on a tank. Pretty sure they get like 80 miles when full.

djunkie
    [
    Weird....
    2nd time I have heard the heat issue in less than a week and I never noticed it.
    Gas mileage?
    I feel like the thing goes forever on a tank. Pretty sure they get like 80 miles when full.
    Funny thing. I remember reading before where he said something about the engine heat issue. Well this weekend when I was driving mine I tried to feel around for it and the only way I felt engine heat was if I rested my right leg against the engine cover. And the only way that happens is if I didn't have my foot on the gas or brake. Other than that I never noticed it.

Cole Trickle
    Funny thing. I remember reading before where he said something about the engine heat issue. Well this weekend when I was driving mine I tried to feel around for it and the only way I felt engine heat was if I rested my right leg against the engine cover. And the only way that happens is if I didn't have my foot on the gas or brake. Other than that I never noticed it.
    I know that Blaine (Insman) was saying he had the same issue. The only thing that really bothers me is some times the bed will squeak.
    Honestly if I lived in Havasu full time I would sell the truck/rhino and get a new 4 door rubicon with that conv top deal. No way in the worl would I use the rhino during the day in the summer. AC would be key

mbrown2
    Honestly if I lived in Havasu full time I would sell the truck/rhino and get a new 4 door rubicon with that conv top deal. No way in the worl would I use the rhino during the day in the summer. AC would be key
    They will launch a real boat on a real slippery ramp too
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...1&d=1190229781

Cole Trickle
    They will launch a real boat on a real slippery ramp too
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...1&d=1190229781
    Nice ride
    With the extended length does a jeep finally ride good on the freeway? I have always wanted a jeep but have always hated the ride/handling at 75+ on the freeway.

OutCole'd
    I could not agree more. Mine has sat since June, barely used. Just too friggen hot to even think about it.
    But I'll be thrashin soon!!!

Outnumbered
    Nice ride
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...1&d=1190229781.
    Hopefully they will put a 4.7 or a Hemi in that next year. Then I may have to get me one of those bad boys. Nice Jeep.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast