Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Got some GPS numbers.

Danhercules
    congrats on the numbers dan. the boat looked great this past weekend. im sure your stoked.
    as for getting more speed out of her, my suggestion is to set it up for the way you use the boat. most of your boating time is with a full load, people, ice chest, wake board, lots of fuel, ect. set it up for ultimate fun and enjoyment. isnt that what you bought that boat for?
    Yup. Thats the plan.
    I think a A2 and a inducer in gonna be in the works for winter. Shaft is already cut.

Sleeper CP
    Dan an A2 ? What is it reving now I think an A2 vs A will pull it down approx.
    300 rpms'.
    And with an A2, I'm not sure you need an inducer? Just my .02
    Sleeper CP
    Big Inch Ford Lover

pattymelt18
    Dan an A2 I'm not sure you need an inducer? Just my .02
    Sleeper CP
    Big Inch Ford Lover
    the inducer will only help that boat, my dad has one its a pig to say the least. AA impeller inducer open loader and still cavitating the impeller on the way out of the hole its a very heavy boat not to say were not making vast improvements but with all the gas they hold and how comortable they are to ride in its hard to kick people out.oh yeah and congrats on the numbers you and my pops would be a good race to watch.

Glad to to hear Dan.

Danhercules
    the inducer will only help that boat, my dad has one its a pig to say the least. AA impeller inducer open loader and still cavitating the impeller on the way out of the hole its a very heavy boat not to say were not making vast improvements but with all the gas they hold and how comortable they are to ride in its hard to kick people out.oh yeah and congrats on the numbers you and my pops would be a good race to watch.
    I had 9 in the boat this past weekend. Just for a quick run to the beach. I have pulled skiiers and my wife wake boarding. Its not too bad out of the hole, but by no means can I gun it. I have to be carefull with the thottle.
    Greg (GS Marine) suggested the A2 to get my cruising RPM's down and he put on one on a boat like mine and he said it liked it.

Danhercules
    Dan an A2 ? What is it reving now I think an A2 vs A will pull it down approx.
    300 rpms'.
    And with an A2, I'm not sure you need an inducer? Just my .02
    Sleeper CP
    Big Inch Ford Lover
    I am now at 5950 RPM's (just shy of 6k) with my "A". Looks like there is work done to the imp. According to my Dyno sheet I am about 720 HP. At 5650 rpm's I am at 700 HP. Not a huge loss. My guess it will be worth it for the lower cruising RPM and better bottom end.

pattymelt18
    I had 9 in the boat this past weekend. Just for a quick run to the beach. I have pulled skiiers and my wife wake boarding. Its not too bad out of the hole, but by no means can I gun it. I have to be carefull with the thottle.
    Greg (GS Marine) suggested the A2 to get my cruising RPM's down and he put on one on a boat like mine and he said it liked it.
    oh yeah the boat iss great u can ski behind put 12 people 2 dogs and two ice chests party alll day in my opinion i think its one of the most enjoyable boats ive been around.good luck

Danhercules
    oh yeah the boat iss great u can ski behind put 12 people 2 dogs and two ice chests party alll day in my opinion i think its one of the most enjoyable boats ive been around.good luck
    Instead of the two ice chest, a pony keg. Dont forget the possible stripper pole up front and also, it goes 75.
    Your right, on hell of a boat.

Sleeper CP
    I am now at 5950 RPM's (just shy of 6k) with my "A". Looks like there is work done to the imp. According to my Dyno sheet I am about 720 HP. At 5650 rpm's I am at 700 HP. Not a huge loss. My guess it will be worth it for the lower cruising RPM and better bottom end.
    I think it will be worth the move to the A2 for that boat and what you do with it 90% of the time. And if the inducer helps get it loaded for the hole shot that's great.
    Sleeper CP
    Big Inch Ford Lover

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12