This saturday, the 29th Sept, Mike Nick & Pat Murphy will be having a memorial for their Mother, "Queen" Mary Murphy, at Marine Stadium in Long Beach, starting around 10:00am. Many of you know Mike had the "Mike Murphy waterski school" at Parker for many years, as well as the ski shop out in front of Eliminator boat mfg. A lot of you here in Socal saw Mary on the local TV news, this past summer, on her 85th birthday riding one of Mike's skyski's from Long Beach harbor to Catalina.........AND BACK :jawdrop:
This is NOT going to be some drawn out, sad religeous overtoned ceremony, rather just a get together for old/new /past aquaintences, to stop by and say HI. BRING BATHING SUITS/WETSUITS/DRYSUITS, we WILL be skiing. This will be a great opportunity to see some world class young guns riding the skyski/airchair. I know there's gotta be a few of you on these boards that learned to ski at Mike's ski school? Anyway,............I told Mike I'd pass the word via HB forum so hope to see you there.