Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 28 Cat Recommendations

TOBTEK
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...or_Daytona.jpg
    JUST received clearance to post the picture of the new Daytona. Tony @ Eliminator says SOON very SOON this with a 1200 Quad motor and #6 would be insane!

shippingguy
    Looks good Toby. Keep us posted on the build.:idea: Similar lines to the new Ultra 32 FC. Rob's drawings do resemble each other alot on the different boats.
    Mike

kap
    Pantera:
    I forgot to mention a few things about drives.
    Running a number six drive on a 28 foot boat is a bit overkill in a lot of areas. Not to mention that #6 drive weighs a lot and is not for every hull design---X-dimension. I'd ask to see who's running a #6 drive on a 28ft boat before I would even consider that as an option.
    Even if you could get lucky enough to find one--- brand new they cost a fortune. You'd be better off just buying a complete package 1050 with the six drive if that was your preference and money is not an object.
    Also the Arneson drive is not real dock friendly hard to steer at low speeds but great when your on the gas said to be very trouble free if set-up right. Greater service interval as well.
    Good luck in your pursuit,
    KAP

TOBTEK
    Pantera:
    Running a number six drive on a 28 foot boat is a bit overkill in a lot of areas. Not to mention that #6 drive weighs a lot and is not for every hull design---X-dimension. I'd ask to see who's running a #6 drive on a 28ft boat before I would even consider that as an option.
    Even if you could get lucky enough to find one--- brand new they cost a fortune. You'd be better off just buying a complete package 1050 with the six drive if that was your preference and money is not an object.
    Also the Arneson drive is not real dock friendly hard to steer at low speeds but great when your on the gas said to be very trouble free if set-up right. Greater service interval as well.
    KAP
    the cost of a 6 drive isnt bad if you consider what the inital price of a Bravo type drive will be with all the power steering compoents, and to rebuild a few time a year if he's running 1000hp. Will be the same price after the first rebuild. Weight wise...its alot less weight to run a singe 1000hp and six then two 496's or whatever. A F29 with twin 625 Ilmors does what 120-125? Was told that a bagged F29 with my GT quad motor would do atleast that if more more with a taller prop. A single motor, 1000 HP will rip up a bravo drive period. regardless if its a Teague, Imco, Werks...

DCBob
    E-Tickets RC 28 DAH. Don't be a sissy either, #6 drive.
    You can't beat the E-Ticket RC 28 in a 28' cat. No underbow space though, if you're looking for a place to stash kids/stuff

acatitude
    Pantera:
    KAP
    I really don't think a #6 on a 28 ft single engine is overkill at all. money well spent(refer tobteks post re? drive cost. Iknow i finally went to bmax.. no one makes a bravo style drive I can't break)
    since this thread is about cats I will assume your talking about an arneson in this mode... Do you know anyone with an arneson on a single engine cat??? you seem to know a lot about them so I assume again you do.. would love to hear how it works from someone who has one.

TOBTEK
    You can't beat the E-Ticket RC 28 in a 28' cat. No underbow space though, if you're looking for a place to stash kids/stuff
    nice boat, BUT he's way to proud of them $$$ wise. The F29 was less to build than the E-ticket. They are all to much $$$ are for as that goes Best deal out there right now is the used F29 with Ho's in orange county. Heard 110K would buy it. Sell off the HO's and put some GT 700's in there. Would be a great ride on a budget.

TOBTEK
    I really don't think a #6 on a 28 ft single engine is overkill at all. money well spent(refer tobteks post re? drive cost. Iknow i finally went to bmax.. no one makes a bravo style drive I can't break)
    since this thread is about cats I will assume your talking about an arneson in this mode... Do you know anyone with an arneson on a single engine cat??? you seem to know a lot about them so I assume again you do.. would love to hear how it works from someone who has one.
    Wasn't rocketman running one on his crazy hp 26 Daytona?

Matt in the CAT
    yes, that thats one

NICE PAIR
    Wasn't rocketman running one on his crazy hp 26 Daytona?
    "Weismann" seems to be tuff as nails.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...344_Large_.JPG

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast