Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gas/fuel life etc

Any gas/fuel "officianados' out there ? whats the "shelf life" of different gasolines in todays world? Ive heard that the current formulations drop drastiacally in quality/octane/specific gravity in a very short time. Ive got a drum at the cabin for example that about 3 months old Also curious how long the pails of leaded race gas "store"? Brian any info on Torco? thanks for your help Tom
    http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r...a/DSC07255.jpg

Hi Tom. For What Its Worth The Sunco Dealer In Slc Told Me 1 Year.(SHELF LIFE FOR THEIR 110)

Thanks Kreg Tom

atmosphere will kill your fuel. oxygen and moisture to be specific.
    IF you seal your drum & IF you seal your 5 gallon pail (the steel ones, not plastic ones) ... race fuels will have a shelf life of about a year.
    If you don't, 3 weeks or so ... so rule of thumb, put your fuel back into the steel container it came in & it will last longer.
    that's the straight poop on the subject.
    BB

n8dawg
    Any gas/fuel "officianados' out there ? whats the "shelf life" of different gasolines in todays world? Ive heard that the current formulations drop drastiacally in quality/octane/specific gravity in a very short time. Ive got a drum at the cabin for example that about 3 months old Also curious how long the pails of leaded race gas "store"? Brian any info on Torco? thanks for your help Tom
    Tom,
    Are you running that flatty up at San Antonio for the v-drive regatta?
    Nate

Busby Is There A Torco In Utah? Oh. And When You Say Kills Does The Octaine Drop Out Of It? If I Have A Stainless Tank(s) Is That As Good As Back Into Steel The Container. All I Have Is Plastic 5 Gal.(what A Pain In The Ass) Sorry If I Threadjacked A Little There. Hey Tom Seen Any Cheap Daytonas Latley?

Brian ,Thanks that pretty much confirmed what I had thought /been told I got three pails of Trick that are a little over year,... Re the Torco havent run it yet .hows it compare to the other ? (Rocket) and what happened to Don?
    Nate I'm taking the Schiada and the "Miller" Project too you guys gonna come hang out?...
    Kreg "Cheap and Daytonas" hmmm The Kids said they'd go out there when they get a "gig that way (busy at the Dana Marina) (The Daytonas about 45 miles one way)
    http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r...2/DSC07225.jpg

RIVERTIME247
    tom ....put that wrench down and get that boat launched once in a while and you wont have any extra gas to worry about.
    hey i have i question im going to PM you.

Busby Is There A Torco In Utah? Oh. And When You Say Kills Does The Octaine Drop Out Of It? If I Have A Stainless Tank(s) Is That As Good As Back Into Steel The Container. All I Have Is Plastic 5 Gal.(what A Pain In The Ass) Sorry If I Threadjacked A Little There. Hey Tom Seen Any Cheap Daytonas Latley?
    You'd need to call T3 Race Fuels 209-667-0236, they're out of central Calif, but are the Master Distributor for Utah as well ... I believe they are looking for a quality distributor in Utah (speed shop/engine builder, etc.)
    Tell them Brian Busby told you to call & they'll hook you up.
    As far as your stainless tanks are concerned, they should work fine as long as they seal good. Plastic jugs are pourous (sp?) ... and will breathe.
    When I refer to "killing your fuel" I am speaking about it's ability to ignite. The light hydrocarbons that you hear "hiss" when you open your fuel tank when it's hot out will actually condense and return back to your fuel base when it cools off. If you allow those hydrocarbons to escape, it will change the properties of the fuel, therefore, changing it's flash point. Leaving your fuel in an open container or container that breathes, will allow this to happen.
    Hope that helps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast