Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: No Rhino for me, but I have a trailer

Cole Trickle
    SPAM---- 2005 Chevrolet 4500 Kodiak
    Under 5000 miles, Duramx/Allison tranny, $36k+ in aftermarket upfit. Western Hauler bed. Full high quality leather interior, Large TV with custom dash and center console, built in radar dector, reverse camera that shows entire bed, rear seat converts into bed, air ride, air seats, Kenwood DVD/CD/NAV, Kenwood speakers inside. Will deliver!
    $73k
    Dosen't sound good :cry:
    Sorry to hear....

Magic34
    How much to get pulled out? Did you bury that cost in the $73k?
    No, if that was the case, then $73,020.

sigepmock
    That bad huh???? Sorry didn't mean to pour salt on the wound.
    Chris

riverroyal
    what happened,,,,by the way my 05 f250 diesel pulls the 37 pretty well :rollside:

Magic34
    OK
    Got there about 7:30 PM after a stop at Target in Yuma for some items we forgot.
    So we get there and call the gy that is supposed to meet us at the front and lead us to the camping spot. Well, he was at the hill and heading my way, but being the not so patient guy I am, I start my way heading down what turns into vendor row (this is Gordon's Well). Also, should add here that this is my first dually and 2wd at that. So we are heading what feels fast because of the whoops, and after about 150 yards or so, my back end starts hopping. Well, being my first 2wd, I think the wheels are about to fall off, so I get off the gas.
    Mistake #1: If the back of your truck starts hopping, do the opposite of what I did. You need to floor it!!!!!
    So now I am stuck, and the guy arrives that is to lead me back in there. I had a few tricks I was told to try off gd.com, but we wont talk about those. F those ideas. Might work for them, but not me. I did appreciate the help though. I hook up my 43k tow strap, and sit and wait for about 20 minutes before a Dodge finally came to pull me out. All 4 of his tires were spinning to get me out, but we made it.
    So now comes the time to head to the camp spot. This time I was on the gas. I don't know if anyone has driven though there at 25 MPH, but it feels like 65. We made it to camp.
    Now comes time to get the trailer ready and unhook. I am anal about the thing being level, so if the bubble isn't in the circle, I adjust until it is. Mistake #2 I unhooked the trailer so that damn bubble could finds its home, the circle. No issues and the trailer rocks. It is so nice to stay in for a few days and doesn't feel small inside at all. We really enjoyed the weekend with the trailer and friends.
    So now it is time to hook up and head home. I get everything loaded up and all I have to do is back the truck up 3 feet, I only pulled it forward about 3 feet when I unhooked. SoI get in, turn the screen to the backup camera on, and shift in reverse. Move backwards about a foot and buried it! Before all this, I hosed the sand down a lot because I thought I needed extra traction to get rolling on the way out. So back into drive and smooth out the area, spray a lot more water down and try again, buried was the outcome again.
    So a nice guy comes over, I had 3 friends there helping me, but the other rig still with me was a 2wd Freightliner coach, that wasn't pulling me out.
    This nice guy brings his Ford, hooks up my trailer, and pulls it out to the entrance so I can now hook up and drive home.
    Ohhh, I let 1/2 of the air out of my rear tires when I first got stuck, so before getting on the road, I spent 25 minutes filling the tires back up with air. 100 psi is a pain in the ass!!!!
    The cool part about the truck.... I filled the 105 gallon tank with fuel and it got me there and back without having to stop for gas. On the way home, we stopped and dumped the trailer and made it home in 3 1/2 hours total including the dump. Great timing for that.
    So next time, I am going to a different stop at 30 MPH with full air in the tires. If that doesn't work, I am going to go get my truck stuck in the first set of dunes and let the dirtheads out there burn it up.

riverroyal
    OK
    Got there about 7:30 PM after a stop at Target in Yuma for some items we forgot.
    So we get there and call the gy that is supposed to meet us at the front and lead us to the camping spot. Well, he was at the hill and heading my way, but being the not so patient guy I am, I start my way heading down what turns into vendor row (this is Gordon's Well). Also, should add here that this is my first dually and 2wd at that. So we are heading what feels fast because of the whoops, and after about 150 yards or so, my back end starts hopping. Well, being my first 2wd, I think the wheels are about to fall off, so I get off the gas.
    Mistake #1: If the back of your truck starts hopping, do the opposite of what I did. You need to floor it!!!!!
    So now I am stuck, and the guy arrives that is to lead me back in there. I had a few tricks I was told to try off gd.com, but we wont talk about those. F those ideas. Might work for them, but not me. I did appreciate the help though. I hook up my 43k tow strap, and sit and wait for about 20 minutes before a Dodge finally came to pull me out. All 4 of his tires were spinning to get me out, but we made it.
    So now comes the time to head to the camp spot. This time I was on the gas. I don't know if anyone has driven though there at 25 MPH, but it feels like 65. We made it to camp.
    Now comes time to get the trailer ready and unhook. I am anal about the thing being level, so if the bubble isn't in the circle, I adjust until it is. Mistake #2 I unhooked the trailer so that damn bubble could finds its home, the circle. No issues and the trailer rocks. It is so nice to stay in for a few days and doesn't feel small inside at all. We really enjoyed the weekend with the trailer and friends.
    So now it is time to hook up and head home. I get everything loaded up and all I have to do is back the truck up 3 feet, I only pulled it forward about 3 feet when I unhooked. SoI get in, turn the screen to the backup camera on, and shift in reverse. Move backwards about a foot and buried it! Before all this, I hosed the sand down a lot because I thought I needed extra traction to get rolling on the way out. So back into drive and smooth out the area, spray a lot more water down and try again, buried was the outcome again.
    So a nice guy comes over, I had 3 friends there helping me, but the other rig still with me was a 2wd Freightliner coach, that wasn't pulling me out.
    This nice guy brings his Ford, hooks up my trailer, and pulls it out to the entrance so I can now hook up and drive home.
    Ohhh, I let 1/2 of the air out of my rear tires when I first got stuck, so before getting on the road, I spent 25 minutes filling the tires back up with air. 100 psi is a pain in the ass!!!!
    The cool part about the truck.... I filled the 105 gallon tank with fuel and it got me there and back without having to stop for gas. On the way home, we stopped and dumped the trailer and made it home in 3 1/2 hours total including the dump. Great timing for that.
    So next time, I am going to a different stop at 30 MPH with full air in the tires. If that doesn't work, I am going to go get my truck stuck in the first set of dunes and let the dirtheads out there burn it up.
    go with us to glamis,we never get stuck

Magic34
    go with us to glamis,we never get stuck
    After New Years I will. We have some cool plans there for New Years. I think I found a good spot where there will be minimial traffic, compared to other spots there and I can make it to in the truck.
    Let me know when you go after that and I'll be there.

JB in so cal
    After New Years I will. We have some cool plans there for New Years. I think I found a good spot where there will be minimial traffic, compared to other spots there and I can make it to in the truck.
    Let me know when you go after that and I'll be there.

Magic34

you too!

hot_diggity_dog
    OK
    So the moral of the story is; if he had his RHINO, he would have hooked it up and pulled the focker out! :220v:
    Ive heard more than a few of these stories! :crossx:
    You need a Rhino now!
    HDD :rollside:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast