Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Flat Stupid

It is with the heaviest of hearts that I post this.
    Craig Kinnaman "Flat Stupid" or "CK" as we called him, passed away this morning in Big Sky Montana. Craig was the best friend and racer you would ever come across. I met CK in the fall of 04 at the World Finals in Phoenix. He came to one race and jumped in head first into the race game. He was always upbeat and bouncing around at the races because he just loved to be there hanging with friends and other racers. If anyone had the chance to see the pit parties this guy threw you understand what he was about. 2 Gas powered Blenders running at the same time while going through 5 gallons of Tequila. The more people the merrier. Craig was never shy about going after our competition with the friendly trash talking. If we had to thrash to make a heat or a round you could always count on him to be right in the thick of it. His rule in racing was that we never have to borrow anything. Most of time that happened. He was the most giving person I have ever met. He would fly people from across the country to attend races on his dime because he liked them.
    We started off just racing K boats but Craig "got tired of seeing me run to another pit" to race a dragboat so he incorporated the two. That was Craig. He always tried to put different people in his boats to help build the sport. That was his ultimate goal to build the Kboat class. We could be doing nothing in the pit and he would want to go roust somebody and give them a hard time. There were times in the offseason that Craig would call and talk for hours about "what we are gonna do next year." You could always tell when it was getting close to race time because the frequency of these calls would increase ten fold. No matter what the situation, CK always stood behind me. I can't even begin to express how I feel. My heart goes out to Nancy, Hunter Jennifer, Katie, Fred and all of his family.
    Take care CK,
    Your friend,
    Tony

Racer277
    Sorry to hear that.

V-DRV
    Very sad to hear. Keep your chin up Tony.

FLYTE RISK
    This is some very SAD news , the few races I attended Craig was always offering a beer or mud slide and we barely knew one another. Sad news indeed. Condolences to his family and freinds.
    The Gregerson Family

vdriver4ever
    Sad day for the Kinnaman and racing family. Please send along condolences from the Minegar family.

Rattle Can Lou
    I was a recipiant of his generosity. The entusiasm for racing he held was incomparable. I am so sorry for his family and friends. He took the time in Long Beach to come pick me up at the airport. He didn't send anyone else. He did it. That say's allot to me about his character. Tony, he held you in the highest regard. He thought you were the best. This is a blow to our racing community and we need to remember him with that big broad smile and his quick wit...we'll miss ya buddy...

RiverDave
    Tony, I'm terribly sorry to hear about this. There was no doubt that he was a very stand up guy, and both of you held each other in high regard.
    I'm very sorry the loss of your friend. Please send my condolensces to his family as well.
    As always if there's anything I can do for you or them please don't hesitate to call.
    RD

BILLY.B
    Since the early morning phone call from Tony i've just worked thru the motions of the day. Craig was a great guy and an even better friend. He would love to call me up so we could have a plan of attack to go after someone on these forums (as a joke). One of the best jokes was played out on Tony back when Tony didn't really have a feel for Craigs sense of humor yet. Oh how Craig and I laughed about that. Craig use to blame me for all of his boating problems...saying "You got me started in this mess". That was Craigs way of saying thanks. I have been thinking alot about Craig these last couple of weeks. Thinking I needed to pick up the phone and see how he was doing. Now all we have are his memories, remembering his sense of humor, how he loved to go racing, and how he loved to give. God bless his family who have been delt a terrible loss today. God speed Craig. I'll miss you buddy

MAXIMUS
    I am still in disbelief...

Johnwithjm
    It is with the heaviest of hearts that I post this.
    Craig Kinnaman "Flat Stupid" or "CK" as we called him, passed away this morning in Big Sky Montana. Craig was the best friend and racer you would ever come across. I met CK in the fall of 04 at the World Finals in Phoenix. He came to one race and jumped in head first into the race game. He was always upbeat and bouncing around at the races because he just loved to be there hanging with friends and other racers. If anyone had the chance to see the pit parties this guy threw you understand what he was about. 2 Gas powered Blenders running at the same time while going through 5 gallons of Tequila. The more people the merrier. Craig was never shy about going after our competition with the friendly trash talking. If we had to thrash to make a heat or a round you could always count on him to be right in the thick of it. His rule in racing was that we never have to borrow anything. Most of time that happened. He was the most giving person I have ever met. He would fly people from across the country to attend races on his dime because he liked them.
    We started off just racing K boats but Craig "got tired of seeing me run to another pit" to race a dragboat so he incorporated the two. That was Craig. He always tried to put different people in his boats to help build the sport. That was his ultimate goal to build the Kboat class. We could be doing nothing in the pit and he would want to go roust somebody and give them a hard time. There were times in the offseason that Craig would call and talk for hours about "what we are gonna do next year." You could always tell when it was getting close to race time because the frequency of these calls would increase ten fold. No matter what the situation, CK always stood behind me. I can't even begin to express how I feel.
    Take care CK,
    Your friend,
    Tony
    I had the honor to know Craig he was an all around good guy and a great person. He was the kind of guy that was there if you needed him. This is a sad day. God bless Craig and my heart goes out to his family and friends. Tony I am there if you need me buddy.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast