Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Pastie Cove 9/29/07

grads2112
    92 today at havasu. just pulled the boat out... the channel was packed with nice scenery... we may try to run to topock tomorrow for breakfast if we can find it.
    That's cool but you missed all the action in Pastie Cove today....

hulshot
    Hey Grads, you going to Hookie day with us on the 12?????????
    If Ken gets back from Havi on time he may still go.

YeLLowBoaT
    we need rain

Badburn
    First Lake Clementine and now Folsom...I guess they were right, they are taking us over.
    http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/7541/13ue3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
    Just an Idea, how about us poweboat guys organize a cleanup project out there and see if we can get a little press. Itis might help the clementine deal too:idea:

grads2112
    Just an Idea, how about us poweboat guys organize a cleanup project out there and see if we can get a little press. Itis might help the clementine deal too:idea:
    That's funny you say that, I mentioned the same thing to John yesterday. It's really sad how much trash is out there and most of it is right in Pastie Cove. Not only would it be nice to get some much needed good press for us hot boaters but we could probably retire off of all the bottles and cans.
    Count me in.

John.
    I'm in on the idea too and definitely willing to go pick up some bottles and cans. As Grads mentioned, there's enough out there to retire off of. Not so sure about rafting up there again...but for a good cause I guess I'd do it again. There is also a road that gets you to the north side of Pastie Cove and then all we'd have to do is wade across the river (its really a stream right now).

Badburn
    I have a little zodiac with an outboard we could use to run up there. Also I know the sports guy from Sac bee. I wonder if he could get in hooked up with the right person? Hmmmm, ..............
    A club name or some sort of association of power boaters might be good too. Not too sure about "pastie cove racing team", LOL.

YeLLowBoaT
    before I would invite the press I would go clean up between 75-90% of the trash. that way it does not get turned into boater destroy water ways.

Badburn
    before I would invite the press I would go clean up between 75-90% of the trash. that way it does not get turned into boater destroy water ways.
    Or.........we could blame it on the roll bar boats

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast