Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Any Illinois River Jet Boaters?

How about that, what a small world. I'm sure they have crossed paths, my oldest brother was a instructor in the early 70's and the other was a A & P tech for Luman's, both now fly 767's for American and Continental. I live pretty close to the airport. I'm usually around there once a month or so, my next door neighbor fly's for Southwest, but also fly's a F-18 for the Navy and fly's it into Aurora. Ask your Pop, if he recalls seeing the F-18 a couple months ago painted up in Russian pale blue, aggressor.

Thats cool, I will be working at Sugergrove once agasin in Nov 08. Our new facility is to be built there, on the west end, of the field.

MWJSOne
    Chuck I would have been out had I known but I spent all last weekend working.

John_Simms
    The IL river looks a little cleaner up on the northern end. My family started going to the IL river this summer after enduring all of the lake traffic/congestion we could take. We usually put in either at Grafton or at Perre Marquette state park. The only bad thing about this end of the river is, there aren't many places to get fuel along the way so I'm kind of limited as to how far upstream I can venture with only 17 gallons of fuel and a thirsty Oldsmobile. There's a few pictures attached of my boat and of my son skiing. We were on the river for the last time on 10/5/07 and it was beautiful. Too bad that will probably be it until next spring. I hope it's a short winter!!
    John Simms
    Edwardsville, IL

So, you went from Lake Michigan to putting in at Grafton? Thats quite a haul isn't it ? Kinda, one extreme to the other. Where do you live? I do believe the water is smooth down there.

Zaairman
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...0_1761-med.JPG
    Who's got the Sidewinder (white boat in background, possibly/probably a clone)? And John, I boat on the Mississippi right by the Grafton Ferry. I launch from Hideaway Harbor on the Misery side.

I'm not sure, but I think it's Craig's Wreidt. Chuck would know.

Running_on_Empty
    I've got a v drive that is nearly complete. I'd like to catch up with you sometime next summer....there aren't a whole lot of jet/v drives (older ones that is) in northwest indiana.

Who's got the Sidewinder (white boat in background, possibly/probably a clone)? And John, I boat on the Mississippi right by the Grafton Ferry. I launch from Hideaway Harbor on the Misery side.
    RCpilot is correct, that is a Wreidt Spoiler. Sidewound here on the boards has a Sidewinder jet, He too blasts on the Mississippi river in Iowa.

Just heard the weather forcast for Sunday.....looks like we get another 80 degree, and sunny day. Im launching at 10:30 see you on the water

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast