Thread: New to the forums.

delemorte
    Hey Guys/Gals,
    I just wanted to take a second to introduce my self. I just inherated a 79 sleekcraft and its in the process of being delivered so i was searching the web for resources and found you guys.
    Its my first boat of any kind so please excuse me if i ask a bunch of stupid questions.
    I was looking to hook up with any of the members that might be in the Charlotte NC area so that i could pick their brain and make sure i dont destroy this thing and/or kill my self.
    Once i get it delivered ill post some pic's. (some time mid month.)

ambusher
    i am in charlotte, be glad to help you,

fat rat
    Welcome to the boards and to the east coast.

JOHNNYBEGOOD
    Welcome to the boards.
    There is a great deal of knowledge to be had from these guys.
    You will be in good hands with Ambusher in your neighborhood. Take advantage of his experience.

delemorte
    Well thats awesome. Ambusher beware becuase like i said i have Zero experience around any kind of power boat. i grew up on sale boats and have lived on the water until the move here... So ill have lots of questions
    When she shows up ill posts some pics and start getting the low down. So far this looks to be a fun hobby. it has to be as the wife is already mad as hell about it.

Warp Speed
    Cool, another jetter in Charlotte!!!
    Welcome!!
    Get that thing here and we'll go out. Still should (hopefuly!) have lots of good boating weather for the next month or so!!
    Let us know if there is anything you need.
    Warp Speed

delemorte
    Cool, another jetter in Charlotte!!!
    Welcome!!
    Get that thing here and we'll go out. Still should (hopefuly!) have lots of good boating weather for the next month or so!!
    Let us know if there is anything you need.
    Warp Speed
    its good to hear i am not alone around here. I guess the only question i have until i can put my hands on her and see what kind of condition she is in, is what do i need to do to register this thing? Is it like a car and all i need to do is go to the DMV or whats up?
    I got the insurance thing lined up but registration/ license is a mystery to me.

ambusher
    you have to mail in bill of sale or proof of ownership to raleigh n.c.,, nc wildlife resources,1709 mail service center, raleigh nc 27699,, online atwww.ncwildlife.org

delemorte
    you have to mail in bill of sale or proof of ownership to raleigh n.c.,, nc wildlife resources,1709 mail service center, raleigh nc 27699,, online atwww.ncwildlife.org
    Good deal man. thanks