Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Need Jet Drive repair - Ventura Area or Valley???

Cas
    Does this video look like an ill performing pump? Not sure which boat belongs to CAS, they both seem to be running fine to me???
    actually, look at the hole shot of the red boat closet to the camera. It appears the pump slips enough that it almost stops pumping. The white wash behind the boat has a big gap in it....normal? don't know.
    Josh,
    I've said it before that you should be the one that explains things. I should have insisted on talking to you when I called the first time and yes, the engine was moved to disconnect the drive line.
    bp,
    Interesting you brought up the drive shaft. I asked about that long ago and was told that the shaft was brand new, as was the impeller, and there was no need to check the runout on either when the installation was done. And yes, shame on me for many things involved with this because of my own ignorance at the time. To be truthful, I did know better.
    Nate,
    All things have many uses, hopefully it'll make whatever you rub with it shine.
    Tom,
    Thanks for posting those pm's as it shows I've said the same thing from day one including the info in regards to Josh's perks. It also shows I didn't pull that $185.00 figure out of the air.
    The question is, if I refused to pay you for the T/A, then why would I spend that same amount on items for your son? I questioned you on why the price went from $100 to $185 and you said it was because of the shipping costs.
    I'm also glad you posted the pic of all those other boats on the same beach. 2 of those boats are pumps that you also did but they didn't and aren't having the same issues. It's interesting how you never said at any time that there just could be a parts failure of some sort. Right off the bat way back when, you went right to accusing me of wrong doing.
    As I said above, when this pump comes apart, pics will be taken to show what is or isn't found. If it's something I did, I'll most definitely cop to it. If not, you can all make your own judgement as I won't be posting any more about it.

Kim Hanson
    Holy Benchracers...
    This just means they got flushed down to us to play with Damn squirtgun kids..............( . )( . )..............

98Ultra
    Hey guys, I totally appreciate EVERYONES advice and recommendations. I realize how tight this community really is and that's because of the contributions and insights by everyone on the forum, that makes this site a true value and education for everyone.
    So after some personal deliberation and time to re-think things through (do I drive north/south, do I just park it for the season and worry later, do I pull it myself (hmmm, tools needed), or watch the forum conditions go from glass to afternoon rollers - I contacted Tom.
    We discussed where/how the failure may have come to be. Obviously, bearing being the main issue and the possibility of over greasing may be the cause. Like anything, the autopsy will provide answers to the questions. Tom has indicated as so many others have, that he will stand behind his work and get to the root cause of this and we will work through it. Even more of my concern is that we figure out the cause, as to avoid the premature bearing grenade condition and to get more than 50 hrs out of the next rebuild. Regardless, I just hope nothing else (bowl or impeller) was damaged as the pump/bearing went south as fall/winter has conveniently approached.
    Again, I want to truely re-iterate my appreaciation for ALL and your recommendations and advice - and I do mean ALL. Your inputs where all welcome. I will let you know how the tear-down goes and how the outcome materializes.
    THANKYOU ALL!

To whom it may concern and those who followed this thread the past days:
    Today after a serieis of Email negotiations,Steve (CAS) and myself have elected and agreed to "Put our differences behind us" and "Bury the hatchet" to us and our advisors this means the end of name calling, inuendo,accusations and to "Speak no more" regarding Steves Jet repairs, our association with LBB or any other our past relationships business or otherwise. This means this matter is done , no further discusion!
    Based on the proposal made me in writing today :We ,Jet Boat Performance wish to extend our apologies to Steve (CAS), family,aquaintences and LBB members for any past or present, misunderstandings,comments, or insults,be they real or percieved. (Steve refers to these "past issues" that occured between us).
    Sincerly
    Tom @ Jetboatperformance

I've re-opened this thread temporarily at Tom's request so Cas can post a final statement. The thread will then be closed as the subject is completed as well as the disagreement resolved. Other posts besides Cas's will be removed as well from here out. Please let Cas have the last word here and let's all move on to more productive issues.

Cas
    To whom it may concern and those who followed this thread the past days:
    Today after a serieis of Email negotiations,Steve (CAS) and myself have elected and agreed to "Put our differences behind us" and "Bury the hatchet" to us and our advisors this means the end of name calling, inuendo,accusations and to "Speak no more" regarding Steves Jet repairs, our association with LBB or any other our past relationships business or otherwise. This means this matter is done , no further discusion!
    Based on the proposal made me in writing today :We ,Jet Boat Performance wish to extend our apologies to Steve (CAS), family,aquaintences and LBB members for any past or present, misunderstandings,comments, or insults,be they real or percieved. (Steve refers to these "past issues" that occured between us).
    Sincerly
    Tom @ Jetboatperformance
    I, too, want to apologize to not only the members of the Hot Boat community and especially to Tom, Rhonda and Josh. I am glad that we were able to work this out and put an end to the BS past and present. Hopefully we can all move forward from this experience with a more open and less accusing mindset.
    Tom, I'm sure there will be more questions asked and I am honestly only looking for answers. If you have an uneasy feeling in regards to my questions, please contact me direct.
    It's now to rest!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011