Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brand new Rogers Custom Boats Hauls

78 WHITE/ORANGE ROGERS
    i talked to roger on the phone and he said someone i forget the guys name had molds of his boats and is going to open up shop in mex-cali .......and start making some hauls and selling them for aroud $3000.00 a haul.....

riverbound
    i talked to roger on the phone and he said someone i forget the guys name had molds of his boats and is going to open up shop in mex-cali .......and start making some hauls and selling them for aroud $3000.00 a haul.....
    Do you mean HULLS ??
    and $3k is extremely cheap. for the most part you couldnt even buy decent materials for that much.

rivrrts429
    Do you mean HULLS ??
    and $3k is extremely cheap. for the most part you couldnt even buy decent materials for that much.
    I think the key to the price is where they are going to be made

riverbound
    I think the key to the price is where they are going to be made
    I agree they will be saving labor....but material cost is material cost. unless they are using sub-par materials.

LuckyDaze
    that is pretty cheep. Im assuming that is not with the intake set? Gell coat aint cheap either. It will be interesting to see what is kicked out from Mexacali....
    ~Brian

rivrrts429
    I agree they will be saving labor....but material cost is material cost. unless they are using sub-par materials.
    I agree. I wonder who has them. I remember someone talkin about them a while back. 3k is way off the mark. with gel and material I think he would be taking a loss. Guaranteed intake is not set.
    78 rogers - call him back and update us with better info.

you get what you pay for.
    If I remember right these mexican 19trs are not out of the original molds, someone popped one off an old hull. The guy that bought Rogers molds at the end still has them stashed away and won't let even Roger rent them back.
    And, more to the point, they aren't a Rogers. Just as an 18 bubble built at Advantage was no Rogers. Even though they were built using the same molds, they were not the same. That's not to say one was beter than the other,but you buy a Rogers, you buy a boat built the way he like to build them. You buy an Advantage, you buy the way Harry liked them built. One sits in the mold for at least a week, the other, overnight.
    Anyone remember when Eliminator had their shop down south of the border to save on labor? Great idea.

Goad
    If you had a choice to buy a 30+ year old rogers for $3000 or a brand new mexican knockoff of a rogers for $3000.....
    honestly, what would you pick?

If you had a choice to buy a 30+ year old rogers for $3000 or a brand new mexican knockoff of a rogers for $3000.....
    honestly, what would you pick?
    that's a no brainer, the original. duh.

likwidsukr
    that's a no brainer, the original. duh.
    No Doubt OR!! I agree. If not just for the nostalgia. <sp?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast