Thread: Tilt Trim pump res.

jasonk
    I have a 1973 Larson Ski Shark. Has an (1973) 85 Hp Johnson outboard. How do you check the fluid on the tilt trim? On the motor plate (thing) there is a canister about the size of a beer can or so. It has a lid on it held by two screws. Is that the resivour I'm looking for? Then how so I check it? Thanks for any help. And sorry for such a stupid question. Please e-mail me at tandjkerr@parod.com

Forkin' Crazy
    THAT'S NOT IT! Don't take that off! That is the motor. There should be a screw or plug below that. Been a long time since I worked on one. They are obsolete now. Can you post a pic? You might ask this question on http://www.screamandfly.com on the technical message board.

jasonk
    Thanks, I did find that screw. I do have a digital camera. If I still lost, I'll post a pic of it. So the screw, sort of large so you can finger it off. Is this where you fill the fluid, and when it's full it seeps out a little. Sort of like when you check the rearend of a vehicle? Thanks again. Jason.

Forkin' Crazy
    Yea, it's like filling the rearend of a vehicle. I usually fill mine until a little runs out.

jasonk
    FIXED! Thanks so much!!