Thread: Deputies compete in arrest contests

RitcheyRch

LOWRIVER2
    The writers of this article (matt lait/scott glover) are professional cop haters. They only write anything negative about poilce. For fellow cops they are the "Steve Yagman" of journalists. Funy irony is Lait's brother is an LAPD detective. I've had many email chats with Matt Lait. He knows his bias is to sell papers and is slanted.
    As for the article, let the investigation begin, I'd bet there are no laws broken, noting wrong with encouraging ANY employee in any profession to do better at whatever it is they do.

finsfan4life
    Cool, xtra points for arresting Raider fans...!!

catman-do
    Either way you look at it they would be hassling people that in some way were breaking a law. Im fine with what they did.
    Hassle MORE raiders fans.

Kilrtoy
    That aint nothing new, its been going on for decades..
    Ask Bernie Parks about he was the ring leader at one time

EmpirE231
    "And another challenged deputies to see how many gang members and other suspected criminals could be stopped and questioned."
    oh the horror

HavasuSelect
    "And another challenged deputies to see how many gang members and other suspected criminals could be stopped and questioned."
    oh the horror
    They do this so they have some sort of record of who hang's out with who, time, place, etc... Just in case a crime occurs in the future they can link certain people together.
    As far as the rest of the article....They mentioned nothing about the arrests being improper or illegal. I'm sure the people who are served by Lakewood Station are pretty upset about all those criminals taken off the street

EmpirE231
    yeah... don't get me wrong.. I think they should be able to do all of this! as long as they are legit... in which busting gang-members is A OK with me