Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Prototype on a Bravo XZ drive

BDMar
    Jim , this 550 HP engine is in your deckboat , right ? I think what you need is
    more HP to get your tub on plane .We have a B1 24P prop , 1.5 d/r behind 620 HP on a 33' V boat that weighs 6000 lbs . Doesn't blow out , just takes a little time to get on full plane because we have to nurse the throttle to keep the Bravo X drive from grenading . We had no issues with the drive for nearly 100 hrs since new , until my buddy forgot to fill his drive full, before some testing this summer and blown the drive in 10 minutes .His drive is at a merc shop who told him gears/parts are on backorder [ he blew the drive in august ] , so much for quick service . .
    All gears are currently available from Mercruiser for the Bravo I. We have recieved many sets in the last few months...

spectras only
    All gears are currently available from Mercruiser for the Bravo I. We have recieved many sets in the last few months...
    I'm sure my friend could have ordered the parts from the states himself , but the local guys he dealt before are a bunch of yahoos . He had issues with these guys before when he had his Donzi with OMC Cobra drives , but some peeps never learn :idea:

Cat-n- Around
    Jim , this 550 HP engine is in your deckboat , right ? I think what you need is
    more HP to get your tub on plane .We have a B1 24P prop , 1.5 d/r behind 620 HP on a 33' V boat that weighs 6000 lbs . Doesn't blow out , just takes a little time to get on full plane because we have to nurse the throttle to keep the Bravo X drive from grenading . We had no issues with the drive for nearly 100 hrs since new , until my buddy forgot to fill his drive full, before some testing this summer and blown the drive in 10 minutes .His drive is at a merc shop who told him gears/parts are on backorder [ he blew the drive in august ] , so much for quick service . .
    Atti, This deck boat only weighs 4800# according to Carter Reed. What I need to do is get back the 1,000 Rpm's. I haven't tryed the 26 pitch yet. I'm in for a knee replacement next week, so I'm off of boating until spring. Are you ready for the cold weather? I will winterize mine over the weekend.

spectras only
    Atti, This deck boat only weighs 4800# according to Carter Reed. What I need to do is get back the 1,000 Rpm's. I haven't tryed the 26 pitch yet. I'm in for a knee replacement next week, so I'm off of boating until spring. Are you ready for the cold weather? I will winterize mine over the weekend.
    Wish you the best with your knee operation . It's cold here already . If you have arthritis you'd feel it . I can feel it in one of my bones that was broken back in the 70's [ MC accident ]. As long the temps above 10 deg C I'm OK .
    Reinstalled my heater I never used in the boat , so it's cool . Plus I have the wetcoast special equipment too >http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/2...errun110.jpg:)

Cat-n- Around
    Wish you the best with your knee operation . It's cold here already . If you have arthritis you'd feel it . I can feel it in one of my bones that was broken back in the 70's [ MC accident ]. As long the temps above 10 deg C I'm OK .
    Reinstalled my heater I never used in the boat , so it's cool . Plus I have the wetcoast special equipment too >http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/2...errun110.jpg:)
    Thanks, It isn't cold here yet, but you can feel it in the air. You know we now have two races a year here (The Shootout and as of this year we have the Offshore boats) If you want to see them you have a place to stay. Have a good winter. Jim

spectras only
    You know we now have two races a year here (The Shootout and as of this year we have the Offshore boats) If you want to see them you have a place to stay. Have a good winter. Jim
    Heard so much about LOTO , one day :idea:

pocketchange 22
    Maybe I am missing something.. I have read this thread time and time again,what is going on?? and what are u trying to do..Am I the only one that is confused.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234