Hello all,
Well, my 2 weeks off turned into almost 3 weeks off! Thats good. They had to move the rig so I got about 5 extra days off, AND it cuts my 28 days at work down by the same amount.
Cleaned up in Vegas!
My wife hit a $4K jackpot on a dollar slot, I hit for $2,700.00 on THE SAME MACHINE next day! So We got out with about 6K. Made a lump payment on the Truck so got right side up on that!
BUT, had some bad luck at Sac River with the Miller the day before I left for work. (Wed.)
We launched at Anderson River park on Wednsday afternoon. It is a very small lagoon of sorts. Out of the current but only big enough for 1-2 boats in the still water. I made a few blasts up and down the river, about 75mph. Then pulled in, dropped off the boy (He is 15) and got my wife in the boat.
When I started it the reverse lever jumped out of my hand and I drove the thing about 5 feet up the launch ramp! Looked it over and could find no damage.
Got going again and backed into the current, went to put it in forward and the lever would not move. Smack it with my hand and got it forward, but the boat did not move forward. Gave it a little throttle and a very ugly noise came from the jet unit.
Meanwhile boat is in the current and we are drifting pretty fast. I jumped in and floated with the boat for a bit while getting the bow line on, then hauled the boat over to the side and dragged it back to the still water, about 30 feet up river while up to my nips in the river.
Had to get ready for my flight so did not get to look at it close.
I think when I went up the ramp I got some rocks in the intake and then either demolished the impellor or sheared it off the shaft. Will know in a few weeks. Ruined my cell phone, so that cost $350.00, plus lost all my numbers.
Other than that, time off was great!
Tommy