Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pear Harbor tour question for those of you have gone?

beaverretriever
    Before you go on the tour, there is a 23-minute documentary film on the attack. Who is the lady that narrates the movie? A friend of mine said it was Stockard Channing, but I don't think it was her. I thought it was another actress.
    BTW, if you have not gone on this tour, do it at least once in your lifetime. It is amazing and the whole tour will hit you like a ton of bricks.

hkunz
    What was the question?
    We used to pass the USS Arizona each time we entered or left Pearl Harbor, which was a lot of times over the course of 25 years, and each time we would get into our dress whites, man the rails, and salute the ship and her crew. The Arizona is the most senior ship in the Navy. I hate these topics, they make me well up.

TrojanDan
    I don't know who the narrator was for the USS Arizona documentary is but the expanded guided tour of the USS Missouri kicks ass too. USS Missouri is docked aft the USS Arizona. I love visiting war memorials.

Havasu1986
    What was the question?
    We used to pass the USS Arizona each time we entered or left Pearl Harbor, which was a lot of times over the course of 25 years, and each time we would get into our dress whites, man the rails, and salute the ship and her crew. The Arizona is the most senior ship in the Navy. I hate these topics, they make me well up.
    Post #1...2nd sentence.

RiverToysJas
    A friend of mine said it was Stockard Channing, but I don't think it was her. I thought it was another actress.
    It only took Google 0.35 seconds to determine your friend is correct.
    RTJas

DeltaSigBoater
    What was the question?
    We were on the Arizona Memorial when a (excuse me for not knowing exactly) destroyer came back in, with a dressed crew on deck. That was something to see. My dad and I got into a yelling match, I was trying to get him to give me the camera, but he was too preoccupied with “how emotional it all was” to see a 200’+ ship pass by. He though I wanted to take a picture of some boat that was going by. On the boat ride back to he goes “That ship wasn’t there went we went out to the Arizona was it?”
    Don’t know who narrates the movie.

TrojanDan
    It only took Google 0.35 seconds to determine your friend is correct.
    RTJas
    Yeah, but he got the answer in 0.345 seconds here on ***boat.

RiverToysJas
    The Arizona is the most senior ship in the Navy.
    The USS Constitution "Old Ironsides" is still commissioned, owned, and operated by the Navy.
    It's more senior than the Arizona by ~ 145 years....and still able to defend itself!
    RTJas

Havasu_Dreamin
    Where's Pear harbor?

Caljamr
    What was the question?
    I've manned the rails many of times entering port on the Enterprise, Abraham Lincold and the Berkeley. Off the deck of the aircraft carrier it brings chills to you because you can see the ship below the water. It's a quite few minutes of reflection as you go by the Arizona.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast