Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: After 5 years

Sportin' Wood
    of 4 nights a week, my kids are finally Black belts.
    The kids tested today in an all day affair with Tadash Yamashita and when the dust settled he issued them Black Belts. Man I'm glad they passed. what a deal.
    My son took front and center directly in front of Sensi Yamishita and took a pounding from the Karate master as he barked out orders in front of a 4 panel jury of 3rd,6th,7th, and 9th degree black belts.
    My daughter was getting off easier, untill he called her to the front and made her perform kata barking his orders and making her do it again and again untill it was perfect. the kids did great and never cracked.
    My daughter was offered a job today at the Dojo and will start teaching her own classes as soon as Cross country season is over. Guess she's getting off easy on a first job. No burger flipping for her.
    Tadashi Yamashita is an icon in martial arts. he has worked with all the top names in Martial arts over the years including Bruce Lee and heaven help us, Chuck Norris.
    I am sure proud of my kids, this was no easy task. It's the real deal.
    http://www.usadojo.com/biographies/t...-yamashits.htm

Sleeper CP
    Congrats to the kids That is great and a lot of commitment from your kids.

Sleeper CP
    Big Inch Ford Lover

BajaMike
    I am sure proud of my kids, this was no easy task. It's the real deal.
    http://www.usadojo.com/biographies/t...-yamashits.htm
    That's a great accomplishment for your kids...and a positive thing for the rest of their lives.....congradulations to you and the kids!
    :idea:

OCMerrill
    Tons of work. Congratulations. An accomplishment they keep forever.
    My daughter is a new 1st degree BB but in Tae Kwon Do. I can relate to the time spent. 5-6 days a week for 3 years. Now it ramps up for us
    I felt as you when tested but she produced a flawless form and passed.
    Holy Moly's daughter is a new BB's as well.

DILLIGAF
    Congrats to both of them Jeff/Angie. I know they had to put in a lot of hard work to achieve this.

HOOTER SLED-
    Ahhahahahahaha Jeff......they are gonna kick yo ass!!!!!!!!!! Look out. LOL

Sportin' Wood
    Ahhahahahahaha Jeff......they are gonna kick yo ass!!!!!!!!!! Look out. LOL
    They have been doing that for a while now. I have to tell the other sibling to do the punishing now. I do still have the evil eye thing going for me, at least I can pull that card out against my little super hero's.

Congrats.Takes alot of comitment from both parents and children.

JetBoatRich
    Good for them and congratulations

franky
    Congrats to you and your kids. My son has a 2nd degree BB but in Tae Kwon Do and was a junior instructor. He went to the State Junior Olympics about 3-4 years ago and got a bronze in his division so he got to go to the Nationals in San Antionio where he got a gold medal. If he was one year older at the time, he would have been on the US team. The studio owners was 8th degree Master and coached the US team. Certainly not a buy-a-belt studio, all Korean Masters, barely spoke english. He was Olympic material. Those were some proud moments.
    That was in S. Cal, moved to Havi and nothing here for him. Sorry son. Goes to NAU now and is on the Cheer team. He will be back!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast