Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Expert Gear Heads needed....Teflon Buttons

What about calling Shawn at Probe racing and having him cut the spiral lock grooves in the pistons for you?

Mighty Thor
    Dumb question, but why couldn't you have a snap ring grove cut into the pistons? I got a set of KB pistons with a spiral snap ring and they seem like they would work real well, once seated I can't see how they could ever come out. if wrist pin length is an issue I assume the wrist pin could be shortnd to compensate for the groove.

wsuwrhr
    Sarcasm will get you nowhere, but I did have a good laugh..v-drive
    Sarcasm?

v-drive
    Dumb question, but why couldn't you have a snap ring grove cut into the pistons? I got a set of KB pistons with a spiral snap ring and they seem like they would work real well, once seated I can't see how they could ever come out. if wrist pin length is an issue I assume the wrist pin could be shortnd to compensate for the groove.
    From what i understand the person my son asked to do this didn't feel comfortable doing it...v-drive

GofastRacer
    What about calling Shawn at Probe racing and having him cut the spiral lock grooves in the pistons for you?
    That's what I'd do!..

Tahiti350
    As far as retaining teflon buttons, why not make them a snug, but not tight, fit,drill and tap each one so you could use a small bolt to pop them out later?? Shouldn't hurt them to free float, but....

BowtieOmega,
    If you call Probe, ask for Shawn Mendenhal. He is their piston engineer along with a few other hats. He is a personal friend and I am sure he can handle it because they make pistons. Most shops are not going to have the equipment or experience to do it but at Probe it's what they do for a living.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12