Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Campion, PowerQuest, or Donzi

n2boatin
    Originally posted by Reckless288:
    All in all, there's a bad story to be told about each make/model. Donzi's are no different. My experience (thru friends) has been very positive...
    Go look, shop, compare and run with your gut feeling. Bottom line is, "no matter what", there will be some little thing that you would've liked to seen different on whichever you buy...
    The main goal is: ...did I get what I wanted performance-wise? Did I get what I wanted comfort-wise? Did I get what I wanted utilitarian-wise, i.e. do you trailer, what seas/waters "normally" run in etc. and certainly not the least....are you paying a reasonable price that won't drop quickly in value in a short time?
    No matter what you buy you will certainly enjoy it and if nothing else you'll be able to check the block on having tried various makes and give good comparitive commentary to someone else in the future...
    Best of luck...
    I have read the above statments, Here's my story I had a Scarab traded for a Donzi and this Oct. I traded for an other Scarab I looked at all major name brand boat builders and found that (Wellcraft) the manufactor of Scarab was the best of them all the factory support was tops plus you need to think about resale ????

Tinkerboater
    AMEN on the scarab's. Yes you can hear horror stories about any manuf. but what about DONZI? check other sites. I have heard too many stories about them falling apart.

Monza 28
    You need to take a look at Checkmate. Stay away from Donzi, I live in Sarasota and they have a bad reputation.

Sandbar Mike
    I have to agree with Manzq 28,
    We where running the Long Beach SCOPE Poker run last year in buy buddies 2001 33' Donzi ZX, After landing a sick 8ft leap out of a swell hole at about 95mph we cracked (2) main stringers. We where able to finish the run and Donzi did repair the stringers under warranty. If you like being without a boat for 3-4 months a year by Donzi.
    No offence to Donzi owners.
    Mike

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123