Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Dear President Bush,

Filthy liberals like u26 will celebrate however.
    Back off on the name calling please.

Schiada76
    Back off on the name calling please.
    Yes Sir!
    My apologies.

Schiada76
    Both have mattered a lot to President Bush and every other President in the history of the United States of America. The only differances between any of them have been in the matter of degree and the emphisis they give to the various parts and interpritations etc...
    You may not like this particular President, but you are damn lucky to have him. Just like I am lucky we had Carter or any of my other least favorite Presidents. The fact is, that many (if not most) of the nations in the world are still waiting to get a leader that is as good as the worst we have ever had. All of our Presidents have respected the limits placed upon them by our Constitution and international commitments to a degree that is unprecidented in human history. That is why we have become the worlds only superpower, the greatest economic power ever, and the largest free and prosperous nation the world has ever seen.
    It is a constant struggle to keep it that way, there are many among us who wish these facts were not the case.

eliminatedsprinter
    Boy, you sure got me there.
    States' rights refers to the idea, in U.S. politics and constitutional law, that U.S. states possess certain rights and political powers in relation to the federal government. A commonly cited source for states' rights is the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution, which is part of the Bill of Rights. The states' rights concept is usually used to defend a state law that the federal government seeks to override, or to oppose a perceived violation by the federal government of the bounds of federal authority.
    We seem to be debating semantics here. I absolutly agree that the federal government has far too often tread upon the "POWERS" that the 10th Amendment grants to the states. However, the 1Oth Amendment uses the word "POWERS" not "RIGHTS" for the very reason I stated in my above post. "Rights" are something that are only granted to us (individuals) by our creator. The Bill of Rights mearly acknowledges those rights. It does not grant them to us. The Constitution and the Bill of Rights does however, grant the Federal and State governments their powers.
    In short, "POWERS" are granted to the states and federal government, by the people and our representitives and can be changed. "RIGHTS" on the other hand, are granted to us by our creator and therefore should be much harder to change or take away. This may seem like a trivial distinction and you can all you want, but this concept is a key part of the foundation of individual liberties that this nation was founded upon.

OGShocker
    Thanks for the education. :2purples: Trump this Schiada
    That was my point Williad
    OK, school is in session.
    The STATE convicted him and gave him the death penalty. The WHITE HOUSE (that would be Federal) sued to STOP the STATES decision based on a tready we signed in Vienna (INTERNATION). Now the Supreme Court (FEDERAL) is reviewing the case.
    Please engage your brain prior to posting in my threads.

ULTRA26 # 1
    The STATE convicted him and gave him the death penalty. The WHITE HOUSE (that would be Federal) sued to STOP the STATES decision based on a tready we signed in Vienna (INTERNATION). Now the Supreme Court (FEDERAL) is reviewing the case.
    I apologize for the brainless comments. Everything has been deleted except for where I was quoted
    jm

eliminatedsprinter
    It is the responsibility of the federal government to make sure the states honor the international agreements it makes. I just wish the state prosecutors were thurough enough to tell this piece of scum, that he had the right to contact his consulate for help. Then this would not be happeing. I'll bet President Bush wishes this more than any of us, because he is the one who is most put in a bind by all of this.This case is horrible and unfortunatly it may become another one in which prosecutorial incompetence (in this case the state's) allows a shi#bag to get off. And once again, Bush gets the blame..........

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234