Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Howard 28 Bullet Does it!!!!!!!!

TPI
    Originally Posted by phebus
    Gary, thank you very much for the t shirt offer, but I'm going to take you up on that double or nothing offer. I figure you can get your Bullet to 120+ with the new blower. This time your the doubter, but I have confidence in you, and the Bullet.
    Best of luck, and please be carefull.
    Rick
    I had to come out of "forum retirement" to post this.........................
    As of yesterday morning we ran 122.0 with the orange Howard 28 Bullet! The ride was absolutely smooth/amazing to say the least! We spun a 35 lab with a 1.35 GR up to 6400 rpm, and once again,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,it hit the rev limiter
    Needless to say,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the Whipple W305sc is very nice and so friendly all around. I seriously under estimated this boat, engine, and drive combination. I still have not even tried all of the idea's I have beeen working on to get this boat to 120,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and it just kinda did it itself , pretty easily I will add. Seriously, it was easy. The boat actually felt more stable, because the 35P prop softened up the torquey accelleration a bit.
    I am confident this boat now can run between 125-130mph,,,,,,,,,,but we will never know(at least not while I own it)
    As of now,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I am so happy with the performance, I am going to sit back and enjoy this for a while................................
    Thanks for following a long,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and PHEBUS,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I owe you a couple shirts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and a ride. I will be at the london bridge resort at 0730 am for the Absolute POKER RUN. Come by, I will get you out in the boat before everything gets started

BLOWN HOWARD
    Congrats to Gary and Howard Boats for there accomplishment on the #'s

TheCarDudes
    Congrats Gary. Very impressive.

INSman
    Conrats Gary and as nice as that boat is, you know how to build an incredible power plant mated to the proper drive greatly helping in the results you achieved.
    Next goal .....
    Howard 35' Bullet with twin 858's and some BIG numbers at a stable speed.

TheCarDudes
    Conrats Gary and as nice as that boat is, you know how to build an incredible power plant mated to the proper drive greatly helping in the results you achieved.
    Next goal .....
    Howard 35' Bullet with twin 858's and some BIG numbers at a stable speed.
    Is that a new motor you and Gary are working on? 848/858?
    You know whatever works. 220/221. It's all good.

122..WOW!!!:2purples: Now that'll light your hair on fire! I'm very impressed but not entirely surprised. Congratulations Gary, have fun with the "pumpkin".
    ----Rob

INSman
    Is that a new motor you and Gary are working on? 848/858?
    You know whatever works. 220/221. It's all good.
    Okay focker, I am moving up to a 949 then !!!!

little rowe boat
    Incredible, I can't imagine going that fast in any boat. Congrats.

phebus
    Congratulations Gary!!
    I'd like to meet up with you. I assume you are going to be at the LBR Saturday morning at 7:30am? If so, I will come on down and see you.
    Should I bring my Lifeline vest?

It's Only Money
    WOW! That must be the new record for a single engine V hull boat. Of course there will be naysayers that it wasn't at the boat trials or some such B.S.
    Congrats TPI!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast